new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (1 Viewer)

1238388091.jpg

Benítez had hoped to sell Xabi Alonso to Juventus to fund his move for Barry only for the Italian club to fail to meet *Liverpool's asking price. Ernesto Bronzetti, an Italian agent who advises Juventus on transfers, however, has claimed there could be a renewed approach for the Spaniard this summer.
"For the Juventus central midfield, I would try to bring in Alonso," he said. "There was a long chase last summer for his signature, of course, so it is a road we know. Pairing him with [Mohamed] *Sissoko would be a title-winning midfield. The problem is that it would be very hard and expensive to take such an important player away from Liverpool. Benítez considers him fundamental to the way they play."

i think we have fairly conclusive proof that sissoko-alonso ISN'T a title winning midfield.

i think we have fairly conclusive proof that sissoko-alonso ISN'T a title winning midfield.

True in terms of the Premier League, but I take it Juve are referring to Serie A where Beckham and Figo are still considered spring chickens. Just imagine how much time on the ball Alonso would have in Italy!

christian poulsen didn't become the new zidane, then?
well, let me be the first to say, up your cunt, old lady.

Positive enough news about Agger's future.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8029956.stm

edit: from thisisanfield.com - Agger himself today spoke to Ekstra Bladet, saying, “We are close to a new deal. We have agreed about a new contract. I don’t want to talk about the new deal until it is finally signed.”

With Rafa have said that Liverpool will have to sell before they can buy, I wonder who will be big money player making way if Agger stays? Babel could well be gone but they'd be lucky to make a profit on the 11 mill they paid for him. Xabi would seem to be the most likely player I'm sad to say.

i can't see alonso going anywhere.
all these transfer stories are just made up on slow news days by journos from recycled quotes and shite.

agger was a certainty to sign for AC or Barca last wekk and quel suprise, he signs a new contract.

all these transfer stories are just made up on slow news days by journos from recycled quotes and shite.

agger was a certainty to sign for AC or Barca last wekk and quel suprise, he signs a new contract.

Quite possibly true. But the question still remains, if Benitez needs to sell in order to buy, who will make way and raise enough money to go towards a big Summer signing? Babel for €9 mill (if we're lucky), Voronin to some German team for €4 mill... Dossena back to Italy for €5 mill?...

Could have been his agent planting the stories too.

What I want to know is where has the money made back on Keane gone? Surely that should be made available for transfers.

Three cheers for Sami. Hyp! Hyp!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/may/04/sami-hyypia-bayer-leverkusen-liverpool-transfer

Sorry to see the old skipper go, but at 35 and after 10 years at Anfield he's been a great servant. 57 consecutive European appearances between 2001 and 2006, the goalscoring one against Juve at Anfield particularly memorable. If his only significant contribution this year proves to be his last minute fill in at Old Trafford, then that's a fitting epitaph. Expect to see a great reaction at Anfield on a last day of the season run out. At €2.5 million, one of the best bits of business ever.

didn't realise he was retired. He can't be much older than 33/34.

a truly great player. If they had him now...
heggem scored against ac milan for rosenborg in that great shock from waaaay back. he's 145 now, and only every player 13 minutes of football for liverpool in a 3 million year career.

agger has signed his deal, thank god.
now, buy glen johnson, joann gourcuff, gazbaz and silva, we may just have a squad.

Great result at Upton Park, another fucking 3 goals, a clean sheet for Reina putting him joint top again in that golden gloves league that he's won every year since he joined. And top of the fucking league in May.

Sad to think all the progress this season will likely come to nothing, but the football they have been playing since that defeat to Boro is nothing short of title-winning form, and that's in an actual title race, not just winning a bunch of meaningless games. It's a long time since a Liverpool team has played such great and remorseless football.

Anyway, delighted that we're forcing United to go and win it. They have 3 games in 6 days to close it out. Wigan will bend over and take it right up the shitter, but come on the fuck City and Arsha-nal. Show a bit of fucking backbone...

We're fucked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back