New Joanna Newsom album (1 Viewer)

I wonder if theres any chance of her playing a gig here?

Looking at the tour dates scheduled thus far, shes down for 3 shows in the UK, then a 5-day break before she plays in Germany. Ample time to play a show or 2 here I would have thought.

Heres hoping, otherwise it'll be off to London to see her.

Hope she plays here as I dunno if I could make it over to London. The Olympia last time was fairly fantastic, and a suitable venue for her slightly old-timey stylez.

Having listened to it some more, Baby Birch and the title track are both fantastic songs, as are Easy and Soft as Chalk.. Probably two whole discs worth of great stuff there and another disc of pretty good stuff. I really like the band arrangements a lot more than the orchestra on the last album.

its too long for my brian. i'm going to cut this down to one album and see how i get on with it.

if anyone is going to travel to see gigs i'd recommend that place in newcastle by the river that looks like a future snail. the acoustics in there are deadly for her kind of sound.

its too long for my brian. i'm going to cut this down to one album and see how i get on with it.

if anyone is going to travel to see gigs i'd recommend that place in newcastle by the river that looks like a future snail. the acoustics in there are deadly for her kind of sound.

roy harper is coming out of retirement to support her on a few of her european dates, ffs. i'd love to see him again but its a bit too much of an extravagance to go and see him play a support set to that insufferable bint. anyway, if you're traveling you should obviously go to one of the ones hes at.

there's some song near the end of disc 45 of this that reminds me of 'black is the color', and when i hum 'good intentions paving company' i keep going into the gospel choir bit at 0.38 of 'moving on up now' by primal scream. in both cases there's pretty much no resemblance in the songs.

had a first listen last night, some great songs, her voice seems to be a bit more "together" this time around. defo likeing the band instead of the orchestra feel. Less focus on the harp which i definately miss. so loving it so far, would've liked some more harp action. need to give it a good listen lieing on my bed with no distractions tonite. also, is it possible for her to get any sexier? i think so.

Was listening to the Milk Eyed Mender last night and noticed how squaking her voice was. I had forgotten, but I had just accepted that as part and parcel of her vibe when she came out originally. I think he voice is way, way better now.

In California is a stunning song. And Ribbon Bows. The lyrics are stunning, regardless of their occasional floweriness.

is it possible for her to get any sexier? i think so.

The Christina Hendricks mafia on the horn thread will have your eyes out!

lula220210.jpg

meant to say, was it possible to get sexier since the last album, and she has judging by the latest pr shots.

I've been finding this thing pretty dense and hard to get into, however now that I have the vinyl and am listening it in smaller more digestible chunks it makes it a lot easier to enjoy. I am still a bit disappointed there is not more uptempo stuff like the Paving Company song but the slower sparser ones are slowly starting to worm their way in ....

My advice: don't listen to it while doing something else e.g. driving, washing up. It really demands your full attention.

tackled the first disc there during the rugger. About 3 standout tracks on first listen. The other stuff will need repeated revisiting.

will tackle the second disc shortly. wish me luck.

and whatever about the artwork, sweet mother of divine leppin jaysus, did you see the pics of her on the inlay sleeves of each disc (CD version). JAYSUS!!!!

tackled the first disc there during the rugger. About 3 standout tracks on first listen. The other stuff will need repeated revisiting.

will tackle the second disc shortly. wish me luck.

and whatever about the artwork, sweet mother of divine leppin jaysus, did you see the pics of her on the inlay sleeves of each disc (CD version). JAYSUS!!!!

BAM

not gonna listen to disc 2 until next week sometime. gonna let each cd sink in properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back