New Joanna Newsom album (1 Viewer)

coast to coast

have_one_on_me.gif

New Joanna Newsom album at the end of February.
http://pitchfork.com/news/37562-joanna-newsom-album-confirmed/

Hurray!!!! Been far far too long since Ys!

Now commence arguments about how annoying her pixie voice is, or how she looks too much like Sarah Jessica Parker these days.

savage can't wait for this. fuck the haters who jumped ship just because she became popular, she's easily one of the most original and talented songwriter/musicians around at the moment.

Y's was fucking amazing, as was the first one.

and she's a lasher.

she played some new stuff in london in july 08, it sounded a bit bland, a little bit boogie woogie. hopefully she's ditched all that shit.
was thinking last week that milk eyed mender is probably the single record i've listened to the most in the last 5 years. she's great.

Emily is just a mindblowingly brilliant song/arrangement.
Looking forward to her new album but Ys is so complete... I doubt the new one will initially satisfy for some reason.

The song she did at Royal Albert Hall in summer '07 called Esame (or at least thats what the mp3 was called) is also totally fucking amazing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thats the best youtube I can find of it, but I have an mp3 of much higher quality audio that I'll upload.

i'm mad into sawdust and diamonds recently.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmltllkntwn

Agreed about Sawdust and Diamonds, I think that's my favourite song of hers.
Without meaning to sound like a total wuss, the two times I've seen her do that song (bear in mind its solo in the middle of a band set) I was completely jaw-on-the-floor spellbound.
So intense. [God some one de-rep me]

edit: thats the Esame link at the top there by the way

http://www.mediafire.com/?zmltllkntwn

Agreed about Sawdust and Diamonds, I think that's my favourite song of hers.
Without meaning to sound like a total wuss, the two times I've seen her do that song (bear in mind its solo in the middle of a band set) I was completely jaw-on-the-floor spellbound.
So intense. [God some one de-rep me]

edit: thats the Esame link at the top there by the way

while we're all fawning, i know what you mean - i deliberately resisted listening to any bootleg of ys or reading much about it before going to see her do it all live, from start to finish, with an orchestra in glasgow in december 2006. amazing!

on a more practical note, i think it was recorded in tokyo so i'm hazarding a guess that she either went there to jam with someone who play's koto, or she went to learn it.

at least i hope she's playing one on it.

you would have known this days ago if you were man enough to follow the horn thread

i'll think you'll find i have been!
all this post really does is confirm a release date and name on the album that had been rumoured to be done over on yonder cape of good horn.

The song she did at Royal Albert Hall in summer '07 called Esame (or at least thats what the mp3 was called) is also totally fucking amazing.

YouTube- Joanna Newsom - Esame (live) - Porto Alegre

Thats the best youtube I can find of it, but I have an mp3 of much higher quality audio that I'll upload.

Wow, thats really beautiful :)

I was playing Ys recently and my 4 year old nephew says real seriously, "Jimmy, I like it, but I don't understand it" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back