1 - Soft As Chalk 06:29
2 - Esme 07:56
3 - Autumn 08:01
4 - Ribbon Bows 06:10
5 - Kingfisher 09:11
6 - Does Not Suffice 06:44
Total: 42:31

Really liking '81.
The production and melody have me imagining some sort of Joanna Newsom/Kate Bush mixture,which not only deserves a mention in the "horn for" thread,but deserves its own Horn Board

Holy shit. 100+ minutes of music? I'm a bit scared now. I know she's totally brilliant and a bit of a genius but don't know if even she she really pull that off ... can't wait though.

Liking that '81 track too. While I liked Ys and admired it's arrangements progression of sound, for me it'll never top the stop-you-in-your-tracks beauty of The Milk Eyed Mender. If the new record is a mix of the two approaches that's just fine by me.

'81 is great. 3 albums worth though? still, oneida managed it. imaging a newsome space jam???!!!

From what I've read it's more like 130 minutes (across 3 CDs\LPs).. Crikey. I was kind of hoping she'd got the mega-structure composerly orchestral thing out of her system and was back to making sweet folk tunes but the number of 8/9-minute tracks on the tracklisting for the new opus would suggest otherwise. That preview song does have a Milkeyed Mender vibe though, so maybe it's more of a hybrid.

Three albums is a lot in one go. Then again, she hasn't released anything in nearly 4 whole years.
I can only imagine that the three discs have some kind of concept or thematic principle because that amount would also fit on two compact discs.

Darg City seem to have replaced the artwork on their site. They've put a picture on in the middle of what they'd up before.

large.jpg

New song called Good Intentions Paving Company is up on Drag City.
Its a 7 minute belter with shades of Joni Mitchell / classic LA singer-songwriter stuff.
its a great song.

New song called Good Intentions Paving Company is up on Drag City.
Its a 7 minute belter with shades of Joni Mitchell / classic LA singer-songwriter stuff.
its a great song.

I've only listened to it once so far. It's amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back