New Joanna Newsom album (2 Viewers)

Darg City seem to have replaced the artwork on their site. They've put a picture on in the middle of what they'd up before.

large.jpg

That is some hideous artwork..

That is some hideous artwork..

A lot of people seem to think that! I think its the best of her three full LP covers to far, however she does seem to be into the cluttered vibe though.
I can think of a lot worse album covers though - the one always springs to mind is that Fuck Buttons one from last year. That was some tragic shit.

Tarot_Sport.jpg

Eee gads.

A lot of people seem to think that! I think its the best of her three full LP covers to far, however she does seem to be into the cluttered vibe though.
I can think of a lot worse album covers though - the one always springs to mind is that Fuck Buttons one from last year. That was some tragic shit.

Tarot_Sport.jpg

Eee gads.

"I know, let's design our OWN album cover!"

Ah this is just brilliant. I didn't listen to much previous stuff due to her voice. Is it less annoying here? As in, perfectly nice? Seems to me it is.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm taking it one song or maybe one disc at a time. There's an awful lot of material.
Epic stuff but the first four tracks are really really great so far.
I also just noticed in iTunes that I've listened to Good Intentions Paving Company 27 times since they put it on the website. Admittedly I was trying to learn the chords a couple of times but still, that is a lot.

Just sat through the whole thing there. On first listen I think it really is brilliant, despite my initial reservations about Good Intentions Paving Company there isn't anything on it that I'd call a bad song. Did Jim O'Rourke work on this album too? It sounds more like a Jim O'Rourke album than the last one did.

And she actually sings on this one.

I'm taking it one song or maybe one disc at a time. There's an awful lot of material.
Epic stuff but the first four tracks are really really great so far.
I also just noticed in iTunes that I've listened to Good Intentions Paving Company 27 times since they put it on the website. Admittedly I was trying to learn the chords a couple of times but still, that is a lot.

I first heard it yesterday and listened to it 6 times that day. I'm on number 4 today. And when I'm not playing it I'm humming it. My nieces, 5 and 3, reckon it's a nice song too, bopping away to it as they are.

Dunno if these have been posted but there's a bunch of live in Sydney Newsom stuff in the related tracks on You Tube:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I believe several of Kate Bush's legal team were in attendance.

Had a couple of listens to the leak.. I'm very impressed, with such a large amount of music you'd expect the quality to be inconsistent but there's not much here that I'd consider disposable. Ribbon Bows, In California, Go Long and Esme seem like early standouts. There's a real '70s classic singer-songwriter vibe to some of it, particularly the piano-based tracks. If I were to make a criticism it's that there's a whole lot of pretty downtempo stuff with not enough more energetic interludes (like that Good Intentions song) to mix things up. I sort of miss her more squawky ragged vocal delivery too, perverse as that may seem, as it added the necessary dose of vinegar to the sugary harp sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back