New GGI thread - questions etc here (1 Viewer)

Way too much fun was had at this....highlights for me were Putrefaction, [r]evolution of a sun, Thelma holding court in the campsite, edible food, drinkable drink, suprizingly getting some sleep on the hard bumpy ground, wearing the ear off anyone sorry enough to make eye contact, Fleas & Lice, dirt cheap distro full of crust/grind/power violence, Complan, piggy back fights, general mayhem in general :)

It was a balls some bands didn't get to play in the end due to the boys in blue and I missed some bands I wanted to see due to general drunkiness and a lack being able to tell the time but overall a great weekend....

The weekend was class. Fecking cops showing up was annoying of course, but they didn't manage to wreck the buzz. Fair play to everyone for all the hard work organising it, minding the gate, feeding the bands, driving people around etc. etc.

:mad:HOWEVER:mad:

Who robbed my goddamn bag? The bag was taken with both our passports, phone, money, keys, bank cards and other stuff. Someone in that disco took my bag. I now open the floor to wild accusations...

I can't remember a fucking thing other than nose diving off a bin and Runnin' Riot on Sunday. Then ended up losing me keys for the car, so got me Da to come all the way down from Dublin with the spare key, only for Lukas to find the original key right beside the car while me Da was there.

Also got the 1000 Drunken Nights Cd which is fucking deadly.

Thanks a million to Conor and Theresa and whoever else needs mentioning for doing it all.

Do us a copy of that CD Chris and did Lukas give the spoon back!

Thanks to Conor Teresa and Marcus and also for the hospitality of their house and land!

Footy was good athough 3 v4 took a lot out of my battered body.

My fav band of the weekend besides RR were the Oi band from Hungary/France, forget name.

oh, Ed loves the sausage!

My fav band of the weekend besides RR were the Oi band from Hungary/France, forget name.

oh, Ed loves the sausage!

Sultans, twas a good first gig alright! Pity about the fackin filth showing up, I was looking forward to Crowd Control.. everything else was mighty, thanks to everyone who organised and volunteered, and thanks for having us!

I had an absolute ball at this, highlights include: only seeing 3 bands, running into a bush, everyone there, the bonfire on sunday, havin a wee DJ set, finding OLP's car key and of course Thatcher's Last Stand.
There would be more if I could remember Saturday.

Cheers to Conor, Theresa, Marcus and everyone else involved, yiz did a great job!

Definetly a savage weekend, classic moments, great bands from what I remember mongohorn, droppin bombs on Saturday I know I seen more that day but flashbacks are arriving slowly, Sunday runnin riot what a way to start the day, freebooters were unreal, moutpiece were class from wat I seen after that I don't remember anyone else.
everyone was in great form the shneering was class everyone was up for it, gotta say massive thanks to Connor and all those who did organising and to the bands aswell who provided the great music.
I danced and drank through the pain and now I'm in hospital waiting on some scans and apparently an opperation by the sounds of it for whatevers wrong wit me stomach, did ggi help that no, but it was 200% fucking worth it.

so many thanks to everyone who helped at this, everyone who came along and paid in, everyone of the many who came over from abroad, all of the bands etc etc

we think the weekend was a great success and for all the work we really enjoyed it.

apologies to los langeros, heresy and crowd control who didnt get to play at all and especially left for dead who came over from england, who'se drummer did the sound all day in the lounge and then only got to play three songs - all down to some particularly ignorant gardai so nothing we could do about it but apologies all the same.

whoever robbed fionas bag can fuck right off as can the two lads who were seen bunking in the side gate - to the rest of you a big well done!!

on the flier we promised two days of punk rock, boozin, camping in the countryside, having a laugh, catching up with old mates and making new ones and more - dont think we are going to get done for false advertising!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back