new crushes (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter pad
  • Start date
  • Replies 97
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 3
Ugh. I have to take back the statement I made about never having a crush before. That What was I thinking?? Rubbishy albums you bought just brought back a memory of me spending nearly 1000 dollars over a few months just so I could chat to the guy working there. Sadly this was only about 8 years ago and it ended with me being so completely embarrassed that I think I blocked out. In summary, crushes are terrible.

I'd laugh, but I know exactly how not funny it is. No, I'm gonna laugh anyway, sorry Jill :D

I had a crush of Heysel Stadium proportions when I was a youth. Unfortunately it was with a celebrity. I was never one to let reality get in the way of my jollies.

Theres only one thing worse than being stalked and thats not being stalked.

tell me about it

18081.jpg

I'd laugh, but I know exactly how not funny it is. No, I'm gonna laugh anyway, sorry Jill :D

I don’t know how I blocked this out of my mind. I worked in Harvard Square and there was a great music shop, which had sister shop in NYC. I would go in on my lunch hour probably 3 days a week and most weekends. I had just moved to Boston and didn’t know anyone. It started off just as me going in to buy cds (being the music freak I am) but then I developed a HUGE crush on one of the guys working there.

The worst was I would dumb my music knowledge down just so he could tell me about things. “Have you heard this….? Me, “Oh no, is it good?” (even though I owned it already, ffs) Or I would buy awful stuff because he recommended it. I seriously probably spent about 1000 dollars in that store but could never get up the nerve to ask him out. The store wasn’t doing well financially (I think I was their main customer) so it was going out of business. Knowing I might not see him again I decided to go for broke and ask him out.

If you’ve ever met me in person, you’d know I’m pretty quiet. So I had a back up plan with my number already written on a scrap of paper. Bloody hell. So I walked in one of the last nights it was open and bought a cd. I lost my nerve during the transaction at the counter and nearly threw up. So when it was over I slammed the piece of paper on the counter and said, “Use this some time if you feel so inclined” and proceeded to run (not walk) out of the store. Morto. Needless to say, he never called.

A couple months later after I had made some friends (of course with my dumb luck) we had several in common. I did find out he had a girlfriend, which made me feel slightly better but not much. Every once in a while we’d end up I the same place and I would hide because I was so mortified. Actually, when I was in Boston after Christmas last year, I went out to dinner in my old hood with two friends. He ended up being our waiter! He looked terrible; it has to be said. I thought I was safe because nothing was said but he actually remembered. After the check was paid and we were leaving I hear, “ Jane, right? Where have you been, I haven’t seen you in years?” and then he gave me a hug. We had a quick chat and then I legged it. Still mortified.

The problem with crushes is that you lose all sense of yourself and reality. You become some weird version of yourself that you don’t even like. It can never be good. I’ve never heard of any crush story turning out well. Like squiggle said, crush is an apt word.

So when it was over I slammed the piece of paper on the counter and said, “Use this some time if you feel so inclined” and proceeded to run (not walk) out of the store. Morto. Needless to say, he never called.

The problem with crushes is that you lose all sense of yourself and reality. You become some weird version of yourself that you don’t even like. It can never be good. I’ve never heard of any crush story turning on well. Like squiggle said, crush is an apt word.

That's brilliant. Not far off what I did a few years ago either. Gas!

That's brilliant. Not far off what I did a few years ago either. Gas!

Ha! I ended up slamming it down because the piece of paper was stuck to my hand. They were all clammy due to the fear.

I actually just remembered another one. So I've had two over the years but at least I was 16 and not 25 at the time. It seems at least appropriate at age 16. The story involves a basketball hit to the head and a food fight. If I had the time to type it up I would because it's actually pretty funny. I swear these ridiculous serendipitous situations only happen to me.

Back to work.

don't worry, the search on yahoo mail is so bad that it took me half an hour to find that one. I don't look back through it. I just don't delete it.
i love people who never delete old emails, especially when they use my computer and forget to log themselves out of webmail. hoho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back