Solar PV (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 266
  • Views 7K
  • Watchers 1
I recommend a smart kettle. Or at the very least, a glass (see through) kettle.
The Smart Kettle is great for only heating water to 60, 70, 80, 90 degrees. I drink a lot of 70 degree water.
The see through kettle is a great deterrent for these people (who I'm guessing UTM is one) who FILL the kettle to capacity for a cup of tea.

The see through kettle is a great deterrent for these people (who I'm guessing UTM is one) who FILL the kettle to capacity for a cup of tea.

It's so much worse than this. he also fills the wash basin to capacity to do the dishes, regardless of how many. He doesn't run off the cold water in the pipe before he does this.

I recommend a smart kettle. Or at the very least, a glass (see through) kettle.
The Smart Kettle is great for only heating water to 60, 70, 80, 90 degrees. I drink a lot of 70 degree water.
i was once told by someone that this is a habit from the days when kettles didn't switch off so could boil off and catch fire/do damage; so if you fill it you gain probably an hour or two before that happens.

someone should make a kettle with the capacity of a single cup.

I drink a lot of 70 degree water.
Oohh, this sounds interesting

I have a kettle with all those different temp settings, I only ever use the highest temp though.
I fill my kettle by weight, I think. How it feels in my hand.

Also, got one of these yokes for the tea - and I am loving it!

anyone got a ballpark for what the upfront cost is for a decent system?
there's only two of us in the house so i suspect the economic argument on what we'd save on our own consumption will be a tough one; so it'd be more what we could sell back to the grid.
are you talking high four figures/low five figures for an installation with a battery? we'd also be considering changing the car soon so a full electric car would possibly be in the equation, currently doing ~1000km a month in it.

Oohh, this sounds interesting

I have a kettle with all those different temp settings, I only ever use the highest temp though.
I fill my kettle by weight, I think. How it feels in my hand.

Also, got one of these yokes for the tea - and I am loving it!

Fuck Amazon. Buy your shit somewhere else

anyone got a ballpark for what the upfront cost is for a decent system?
there's only two of us in the house so i suspect the economic argument on what we'd save on our own consumption will be a tough one; so it'd be more what we could sell back to the grid.
are you talking high four figures/low five figures for an installation with a battery? we'd also be considering changing the car soon so a full electric car would possibly be in the equation, currently doing ~1000km a month in it.

Depends on how big a battery/inverter and amount of panels you can fit.
But in ball park figure you're guessing right - low 5 digits

Don't tell me what to do
Worry about yourself, brother
Have a cup of tea or something.

you've literally just told me what to do so..... kindly piss off??

And I am worried about myself, I'm worried about the locale and Amazon eating up all my local businesses because people giving Amazon not only their money but free fucking advertising

you've literally just told me what to do so..... kindly piss off??

And I am worried about myself, I'm worried about the locale and Amazon eating up all my local businesses because people giving Amazon not only their money but free fucking advertising
Man oh man
Never thought it was possible for one person to be so noble all at once

Anyways, the tea strainer is cool.
Just need a proper tea measuring yoke to get the perfect brew.
Might treat myself to one of these so I can get the perfect brew

oh yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back