New Alternative station (1 Viewer)

#10-7

Website
www.delorentos.net
The Bci received seven applications of new dublin licences.

for the Alternative Rock Music service - Dublin city & County.

Phantom Fm
Radio 11
Raw
Xfm Dublin
ZED Fm
Faílte Fm
Global 94.9fm

it'd be amazing to have a decent alternative station in dublin, and hopefully one of these will be able to provide that...

there's been a kinda lull in the alternative scene it seems recently, so hopefully it could give it a shot in the arm.

any thoughts...?

XFM Dublin?
Presumably this is the London XFM, not the former Alice's Restaurant currently on 107.9?

I heard Phantom has some serious money backers this time, I'd like to see em get it though I hope they get rid of some of their more annoying DJs

I stopped listening to the radio because of the djs, they shouldn't speak.

egg_ said:
I heard Phantom has some serious money backers this time, I'd like to see em get it though I hope they get rid of some of their more annoying DJs
Paul McGuinness is involved apparently...that's going to add some weigth to their bid.

yes, but the question no one seems to be asking is this... alternative to what? in my world, led zeppelin and bellX1 ain't such an alternative. led zeppelin are amazing though.

mostly alternative to what's getting played in the daytime on every radio station i guess

Ed said:
mostly alternative to what's getting played in the daytime on every radio station i guess
really? i actually have no idea what gets played on daytime radio. i'd just assumed it was still u2, big country and simple minds... am i way off the mark?

Ed said:
you're about 12 years off the mark
so exactly who listens to daytime radio and do they really need an alternative? did anyone ask them if they were pissed off to start with? this could all end up being a big waste of tax payer's money.

i was under the impression that this wasn't gonna cost the tax payer anything, as the radio stations applying for the licences are self financed commercial stations.

Ed said:
i was under the impression that this wasn't gonna cost the tax payer anything, as the radio stations applying for the licences are self financed commercial stations.
yeah, but did anyone actually ask them???

ask who? the government? the tax payer? the other radio stations?

hag said:
so exactly who listens to daytime radio and do they really need an alternative?

A lot of people would listen to the radio in the car, in work etc, and crave an alternative to 98FM. There's only so many times you can listen to the CD's you've bothered to bring with you, or the noise of your engine, before you get bored and flick on the radio, and then there's bugger all to listen to. Some of the mainstream station have reasonable shows on from time to time, but generally it's just the top 10 on repeat play, and if there's no decent songs in the charts, you're fucked.

Phantom was good, as is Jazz FM, so hopefully Phantom will get their license. Paul McGuinness should help their cause considerably, but is it a little worrying that he may control the destiny of the station, and it'll become Principal Management FM?

Andrew

i think i'd like to listen to a radio station that played a less kiddy-pop music, like busted, spears all that sort of thing.
there's a market for that sort of music and thats fine, i'd just like to listen a good station that would play more interesting music.
i love listening to john peel, that sort of programming...
a station that made 'pet sounds' look like a mainstream show....

hag said:
sorry, i was just trying to cause a fight.

well....well...... I QUESTION YOUR BELIEF SYSTEM, I DISLIKE YOUR HAIRCUT AND YOU SMELL FUNNY!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back