NEIL YOUNG ARCHIVES (4 Viewers)

Massey Hall live set = amazing.

not looked at the DVD yet.

Latest from http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003561291

"Indeed, there was a concerted effort to promote "Massey Hall" in advance of the September or October release of "Archives Vol. 1," a mammoth boxed set that has been in the works for 10 years and is something of a Holy Grail for Young fans. The project, which covers Young's career from 1963-1972, will feature eight audio CDs, two DVDs and a 200-page book of photos and memorabilia.

"Massey Hall" and last fall's "Live at the Fillmore East" will be included in the box as bonus discs. The remainder of the chronological collection features material cut with Young's early Canadian band the Squires, recordings from the period during which he lived in Topanga Canyon, Calif., scores of previously unreleased studio tracks and a live disc drawn from a week's worth of concerts from the Toronto venue the Riverboat."

Does "bonus" mean they are over and above the 8 CDs and 2 DVDs? Or does "bonus" mean they're free?

Yeah I've just been listening to it for the last day and was going to resurrect this thread. It's really great. Stunning versions of "Helpless", "Journey Through The Past" and tons more. It's great to hear him introducing "new" songs like "After The Goldrush" and so on. Sound quality is brilliant. Singing and playing is brilliant. Can you believe a song like "Bad Fog Of Loneliness" never made it onto a record? ... incredible.

not looked at the DVD yet.

agreed. im a casual neil young fan (i.e love some stuff, go through phases of listening to him but dont normally have my world moved by him) but this album blew me away! the version of Tell me Why is gorgeous! i love the beautifully deadpan 'i live on a ranch now....lucky me' :p

Apologies if its been mentioned already..

Is Neil Youngs 50s Rockabilly stye LP on Geffen any good?

everybodysrockincover.jpg

im a very light neil young fan as in i only have one of his albums "after the gold rush" which i have to say i think is quite brilliant i dont know any of his other albuns and dont want a whole you have to listen to this i just wan to know what album or song compilation would best match that album for sound

im a very light neil young fan as in i only have one of his albums "after the gold rush" which i have to say i think is quite brilliant i dont know any of his other albuns and dont want a whole you have to listen to this i just wan to know what album or song compilation would best match that album for sound

there's a two CD set called Decade that covers the 70's and is pretty much a great "Neil Young Crash Course"

Hard to say what else would sound like goldrush, depends what you like about it... Harvest and Zuma would be close...

the new live album we're talking about is a good place to go next. it has two or three songs from After... but th rest i Harvest stuff (then brand new) and a few more older and unreleased songs. its really great! its a solo gig. well worth investing in!

NY fans : if the fillmore is Part 2 in the Series and Massey Hall is Part 3, whats Part 1? I've searched a few places and cant find anything on part 1. unless Part 1 is the unrelease Boxset maybe?

I've often thought Decade should be on the Junior Cert just so people know it by the time they're 15.

Also I had forgotten gigsmart existed til know... thanks for that!

you be right..on rte radio 1 tonight at twentyonehundredhours

good call Shaney

The Radio 1 Music CollectionNews; In Concert - Neil Young

The Canadian singer-songwriter's January 1971 homecoming concert at Massey Hall, Toronto. Edited for RTE radio by Peter Browne.

Looks lie we have to wait until next year .... but there is a new album on the way.

This from Pitchfork

Neil Young, as previously reported, has a new album on the way titled Chrome Dreams II. It's due October 16 from Reprise, and according to Mr. Young's website, the new LP will come bundled with a bonus disc at select retailers. In a Pumpkins-esque move, different retailers' bonus discs will each house a different preview track from "The Riverboat", a live disc from the forthcoming Neil Young multi-disc set Archives Volume 1, planned for release early next year.

Attention Damien!!!

Neil Young tour dates include:

November 26 Toronto, ON Massey Hall
November 27 Toronto, ON Massey Hall

You bastard!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back