NEIL YOUNG ARCHIVES (1 Viewer)

found a sweet live Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young performance of Down by the River from the 70's earlier..blew me away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZ50PjDTi8

saw this just the other day for the first time...great stuff.

Rust Never Sleeps I put on all the time, just playing away in the background, pop in watch a few numbers, go cook dinner, watch another number, take out the bins, watch another.... etc,etc, etc
kinda like "Roll Another Number"?

i'm really into it at the moment...prairie wind is up there as one of my favourite neil young albums (in fact i'm going to stick it on now). considering the death of his father and his brain aneurysm i think its a triumph of an album.

you'll probably love Heart of Gold then, the material from Prairie Wind is amazing and he's quite frank about where it all comes from

actually I must dig out tonight, maybe I'm being too harsh about it...

{edit} the bonus disc has a mini documentary about his guitars!!!

Posted Old Man footage from the DVD of the new Live at Massey Hall in the Old Man thread but here it is along with Ohio as well in case ya didn't see it...

Hey,

If anyone comes across a download of the new Live At Massey Hall thing (audio) could they post it up here please (or pm it to me)?

I'm fucked if I am going to buy it now and then shell out again in the Autumn when the 8-disc thing comes out ....

Hey,

If anyone comes across a download of the new Live At Massey Hall thing (audio) could they post it up here please (or pm it to me)?

I'm fucked if I am going to buy it now and then shell out again in the Autumn when the 8-disc thing comes out ....
tsk tsk...taking the doob right out of Neil's mouth.

eep! Wow - I started reading "Shakey" around the middle of this thread and just finished it... great read... can't wait for this now!

That footage of him recording Harvest looks pretty cool

...although the 1973-1979 period in the book was the most fun to read about... can't wait to see what comes out of that in the next installment... especially around Time Fades Away/Tonight's the Night

looks fantastic. i used to live right around the corner from the hall where the strings for 'there's a world' and in fact all the strings for Harvest were recorded.

yeah, this is going to be fucking excellent/the best thing ever/the new bible etc. etc. etc. i'm seriously thinking i might take the week off when it comes out and lock myself in the house with it.

yeah, this is going to be fucking excellent/the best thing ever/the new bible etc. etc. etc. i'm seriously thinking i might take the week off when it comes out and lock myself in the house with it.

i'm guessing this will be €250 or more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back