NEIL YOUNG ARCHIVES (1 Viewer)

Well, anyway, I guess if all the shit doesn't come out in the next couple of years I can look forward to a windfall of Neil stuff in a later part of my life when he dies...(presuming he does eventually, of course)....
you better be knocking on wood to beat the band. if he croaks in the next week, i'm coming gunning for you.

Don't worry, when i said "later part of my life" I meant like 30 years or something.

And when I said "(presuming he does die eventually)" that's because I'm thinking there's every chance that he's actually some sort of immortal god.

I thought Canadians don't have guns anway?

Some more news:

8 CDs and 2 DVDs box due in the fall

Doesn't say which fall.

More detail below - plus another vintage set due in March.

undercover.com.au said:
Neil Young Box Set Finally On The Way

by Tim Cashmere - January 18 2007
photo by Ros O'Gorman

Neil Young's 'Archives Volume 1' box set is finally going to see the light of day after almost a decade of promises.

The box will contain eight CDs and two DVDs and be loaded with previously unreleased live and studio material from 1963 to 1972.

It will also have concert footage from the first decade of Young's career, which included time with Buffalo Springfield and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young.

While no release date has been set for it, the set is due out in the second half of the year.

For those of you who can't wait that long for classic Neil, 'Live at Massey Hall' is due out March 13.

The show was recorded at Massey Hall in Toronto on January 19, 1971.

It will be the 2nd in a series of classic Neil Young concerts, the first, 'Live at Filmore East' was released late last year.

The setlist from the Massey Hall show (not yet the official tracklisting for the CD) was:

01 On The Way Home
02 Tell Me Why
03 Old Man
04 Journey Through The Past
05 Helpless
06 Love In Mind
07 A Man Needs A Maid / Heart Of Gold
08 Cowgirl In The Sand
09 Don't Let It Bring You Down
10 There's A World
11 Bad Fog Of Loneliness
12 The Needle And The Damage Done
13 Ohio
14 See The Sky About To Rain
15 Down By The River
16 Dance, Dance, Dance
17 I Am A Child

Some more news:

8 CDs and 2 DVDs box due in the fall

02 Tell Me Why
03 Old Man
04 Journey Through The Past
05 Helpless
06 Love In Mind
07 A Man Needs A Maid / Heart Of Gold
08 Cowgirl In The Sand
09 Don't Let It Bring You Down
10 There's A World
11 Bad Fog Of Loneliness
12 The Needle And The Damage Done
13 Ohio
14 See The Sky About To Rain
15 Down By The River
16 Dance, Dance, Dance
17 I Am A Child.

yr man wrote some good songs, eh.....:p

http://www.music-discussion.com/showthread.php?t=7989

Hmmm. Why include stuff that's already out?

another forum said:
Long-awaited details about the forthcoming Neil Young Archives box-set have surfaced today.

The anticipated release date of 'Archives, Volume 1' is September this year.

The collection will feature eight discs, including "Live At the Filmore" (released last November) and "Live At Massey Hall", a solo set from 1971 which is due out on March 26 .

Thirty-eight previously unreleased songs will feature on Archives, billed as a 'musical autobiography' of Neil Young. Tantalisingly, the eight CDs only cover the period from 1964 to 1971, suggesting it is only the beginning of a vast release campaign.

Allan Jones, Editor of Uncut says "This is incredible news for Neil Young fans, like myself, who seem to have been waiting the best part of our adult lives for the release of this archive material. Neil has been talking about it for years.When I interviewed him in 1989, he told me it was coming together and to expect it soon. Which is also what he told me when I interviewed him in 1993. It looks finally like it's s happening at last, though, incrediblly enough. On the evidence of the Live at The Filmore CD, it should be mind-blowing stuff."

Saw the Live at Massey Hall '71 dvd last night...nothing spectacular video-wise, really grainy shots, too many close-ups, a few shots of life on his ranch...but the performance is great (for those that like folkie-Neil)...first time he played a lot of these songs in Toronto...the version of "There's A World" on this is MILES better than the one on Harvest, which i think is the album he was working on when this was filmed...his voice is so bang on.

classic intro to "Needle..." - 'i moved from Canada about five years ago, moved down south...seen a lot of things in that time...some good, some bad....watched a lot of great musicians before they had a chance to get big...a lot of musicians who disappeared before they got great...this song is about heroin"....

loved it.

Saw the Live at Massey Hall '71 dvd last night...nothing spectacular video-wise, really grainy shots, too many close-ups, a few shots of life on his ranch...but the performance is great (for those that like folkie-Neil)...first time he played a lot of these songs in Toronto...the version of "There's A World" on this is MILES better than the one on Harvest, which i think is the album he was working on when this was filmed...his voice is so bang on.

classic intro to "Needle..." - 'i moved from Canada about five years ago, moved down south...seen a lot of things in that time...some good, some bad....watched a lot of great musicians before they had a chance to get big...a lot of musicians who disappeared before they got great...this song is about heroin"....

loved it.

Cool. :D

how good is heart of gold (the demme filum)...is it worth getting. it's going for 30 blips at the moment which is a bit much..must check amazon.

found a sweet live Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young performance of Down by the River from the 70's earlier..blew me away

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

how good is heart of gold (the demme filum)...is it worth getting. it's going for 30 blips at the moment which is a bit much..must check amazon.

found a sweet live Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young performance of Down by the River from the 70's earlier..blew me away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYZ50PjDTi8

9.99 sterling here

Swedish subtitles, presumably removable.

Regular CD Wow price is €21.99

it's good in so far I was blown away when I first watched it, but thinking about it now I wonder if I'd put it on again in a hurry, it's no Stop Making Sense. The sound is stunning off it though, his acoustic guitar feels like it's right in front of you (and I know that's a whorey old cliche, but in this case it's true), the bonus disc kind of fun too. Really depneds how much you like recent folky Neil... I'd have pereferred a film of Living With War .|..|

Rust Never Sleeps I put on all the time, just playing away in the background, pop in watch a few numbers, go cook dinner, watch another number, take out the bins, watch another.... etc,etc, etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back