Navan might be the dirtiest town in Ireland but... (3 Viewers)

Queen Buzzo said:
1. you have no idea who they were, what brought them to that place, or what circumstances in their lives lead them to that point

2. fair enough, chances are it was drug related. Fair enough, people have choices, but speaking hypothetically, if we're gonna presume that they were 'fuckin other people up' then we also have to presume that they grew up in an area (crumlin) where people are 10 times more likely to go to prison than to go to third level. I can go on and on and on about chances, relationships between addiction and dysfunctional childhoods, relationships between unemployment rates and crime, disenfranchised young men, isolated communities, displaced generations, generational dysfunction.... etc....

crime isn't ok kids, but sometimes there's more to it than going around fuckin other people up.

I'm supposed to be working on my dissertation right now. Fortunately it's on the relationship between poverty, incarceration rates and drugs so this is sorta research isn't it?
I love it when people make sense.

inspector horse said:
yeh point taken and i know i dunno exactly, but it jus arouses suspicion.
i'm possibly completely wrong ,have to wait to see.

What arouses suspicion of what? I'm pretty confident it's drug related if that's what you think you might be wrong about.

drug related, to me, generally means poverty related. that's all.

Floody- clondalkin's just getting worse and worse and worse too, dunno who'd win in a scrap between yous and finglas.

one from drimnagh one from crumlin, long story short there is two gangs involved that go back a long time. was not drug related although the gangs are involved with drugs. its very rare that you hear of someone getting shot in this country that didnt deserve it, did i know them - no am i happy there is two less scumbags - yes, do i feel sorry for their families - fuck yeah but as long as they keep killing each other i am fucking happy

Queen Buzzo said:
What arouses suspicion of what? I'm pretty confident it's drug related if that's what you think you might be wrong about.

drug related, to me, generally means poverty related. that's all.

Floody- clondalkin's just getting worse and worse and worse too, dunno who'd win in a scrap between yous and finglas.
Fair enough - Drug-related, when it comes to users, most often means poverty related.
When it comes to dealers/drug gangs it's another matter entirely - it's money/power/control related.
It's a completely different thing.

inspector horse said:
generally people who get offed in such away were probably up to somethin anyways, obviously i dont know exactly what they did,but having been held up with a manky hep c syringe a few months ago i think if it was drugs then so be it

Speaking as a syringe, I am ashamed that young men and women should abuse the services I can provide.

Queen Buzzo said:
Nofriendave-

1. how do you know this stuff? Was it on the news? (Genuine question)
2. Are you taking the piss? (also a genuine question)

1. yeah it was on the news, the police have known about this crowd for ages. it goes back to two lads who were mates until they got arrested and one got away without a sentence so the other thought that he had ratted him out. they set up separate gangs and have been fighting ever since there have been 6 murders relating to this in past 4 years. members of the gang have been in hiding for years and the police had daily watches on the others. They said it was only a matter of time. one thing i have to stress though is it had nothing to do with firhouse it was just a meeting point and if you have seen that street its so skinny there would have been no way out.

2. i am far to lazy to make this shit up

aoboa said:
Fair enough - Drug-related, when it comes to users, most often means poverty related.
When it comes to dealers/drug gangs it's another matter entirely - it's money/power/control related.
It's a completely different thing.
no, not necessarily. Young dudes from poor areas with high unemployment rates who very often have no male role models (father absent/addicted/unemployed/poor) apart from slightly older men in their community who appear to be successful through drug dealing, and not through having a job or going to college. Small time heads getting shot over upcoming court cases or measly sums of money is not uncommon, nor is small time dudes being killed as an example or because it would be too dangerous to go for the more serious heads.

Jesus Inspector Horse, like I said, people rarely get shot like that over nothing, that doesn't mean they deserved it. I'm saying that circumstances prevailing- area you grow up in, family etc, I'd like to see if any of us would fare any better.

Nofriendo- I meant were you taking the piss about it being better that these dudes are dead.

Again, with the gang thing, it's often about having a sense of belonging in the absence of fitting into the larger, richer dublin community, or having a family where you feel loved, or having a school where you feel valued.

it is personal opinion, when you have been robbed 9 times and mugged with syringes twice you may have a different opinion

Queen Buzzo said:
no, not necessarily. Young dudes from poor areas with high unemployment rates who very often have no male role models (father absent/addicted/unemployed/poor) apart from slightly older men in their community who appear to be successful through drug dealing, and not through having a job or going to college. Small time heads getting shot over upcoming court cases or measly sums of money is not uncommon, nor is small time dudes being killed as an example or because it would be too dangerous to go for the more serious heads.

Jesus Inspector Horse, like I said, people rarely get shot like that over nothing, that doesn't mean they deserved it. I'm saying that circumstances prevailing- area you grow up in, family etc, I'd like to see if any of us would fare any better.

Nofriendo- I meant were you taking the piss about it being better that these dudes are dead.

Again, with the gang thing, it's often about having a sense of belonging in the absence of fitting into the larger, richer dublin community, or having a family where you feel loved, or having a school where you feel valued.

Aoife a lot of people do fare better.

What if a stray a bullet hit a kid,someone your related to maybe,I would imagine you would change your opinion.I know this is an old arguement but I think its a valid one.

Queen Buzzo said:

both me and dave grew up in springfield and i seen a gang put an old man in hospital with a cavity block ,was attacked in school age 7 by teenager, kicked in the head with docs etc and im not in a gang

inspector horse said:
both me and dave grew up in springfield and i seen a gang put an old man in hospital with a cavity block ,was attacked in school age 7 by teenager, kicked in the head with docs etc and im not in a gang

What about our gang?

The truth about what happened in firhouse

Right as some of you may already know I took over the general board between the hours of 2am and 4 am on Friday night.

Rumours have been circulating that Snakybus has done this before.

This presented a threat to my organisation.

With the aid of Avernus and his knowledge of all things violent I lured Snaky to Firhouse and sent him on a permanent vacation......

It was a power struggle...... no drugs involved.....Just Men

inspector horse said:

Inspectorhorse- We all saw fucked up shit as kids, I don't understand what that has to do with this.

Brian- you want statistics man? I'm sure I can source em for you. Lots of happy healthy people do come from these areas, but a huge majority of prison inmates... people who are for the most part in there because of drug related criminal offences.... are from particularly poor areas in Dublin. There is an intrinsic and inarguable relationship between poverty, family dysfunction and criminality. I reckon, and I'm sure I can get stats but I'm speaking from personal experience here, that a lot of dudes involved in this shit suffered some form of abuse as children.
I was not poor, or in a fucked up family, and I'm a female from a middle class area so the chances of me becoming addicted to drugs or involved in criminal behaviour are quite slim. Lucky me.

Nofriendo- sorry you've had such a bad run of it. That's a pretty insane amount of times to be robbed.

Queen Buzzo said:
Nofriendo- sorry you've had such a bad run of it. That's a pretty insane amount of times to be robbed.

Ah its just what comes with working in emo for 8 years! but i do understand where you are coming from but i think i am just more black/white its either one view or another with me

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back