my space (2 Viewers)

I've seen lots of thumped posters at gigs. They are too cool for me to hang around with though.

You too, ey? I joke but this is a terribly unfriendly city. The only people I recognize (but have never met) are those ColdSpoon guys. They are at every damn gig I go to, so obviously they have good taste in music.

Side note: Scutter, I need to get that damn memory stick back to you.

You too, ey? I joke but this is a terribly unfriendly city. The only people I recognize (but have never met) are those ColdSpoon guys. They are at every damn gig I go to, so obviously they have good taste in music.

Don't know if Dublin is an unfriendly city. I think people are cliquey, and big cliques can always seem unfriendly to outsiders, even if they don't intend to be. On the other hand I sometimes find it disconcerting in other countries when absolute strangers invite themselves into your conversations in pubs after eavesdropping on them for a while. That doesn't happen so much in Dublin. If I had a penny for every time someone sat down beside me and me mates in aussie pubs, with the opening gambit "couldn't help noticing some of ye have Irish accents"..

On the other hand I sometimes find it disconcerting in other countries when absolute strangers invite themselves into your conversations in pubs after eavesdropping on them for a while. That doesn't happen so much in Dublin.

I do that all the time… well maybe not the inviting but definitely the eavesdropping. It’s the only entertainment I get around here. I have moved around a lot and Dublin is by far the most difficult to make friends. I suppose as one gets older it becomes harder due to circumstances and obligations. Moving from one of the friendliest cities probably isn’t helping. After waffling the last couple months, I’ve decide to stay here so I am trying to make the best of it.

yeah, sure I'll get it off you sometime soon.

Those Coldspoon lads are a barometer for coolness. If they're at a gig, then its cool to be at that gig. I heard some were seen at Justin Timberlake last weekend!

yeah, sure I'll get it off you sometime soon.

Those Coldspoon lads are a barometer for coolness. If they're at a gig, then its cool to be at that gig. I heard some were seen at Justin Timberlake last weekend!

I've heard of them lads, are they any good? I actually have never seen any of the follwoing units, but because of their names I associate them all together, and imagine them to be kind of post-rock many-membered ensembles..so correct me please:

The Redneck Manifesto
The Dudley Corporation
The Coldspoon Conspiracy

I've heard of them lads, are they any good? I actually have never seen any of the follwoing units, but because of their names I associate them all together, and imagine them to be kind of post-rock many-membered ensembles..so correct me please:

The Redneck Manifesto
The Dudley Corporation
The Coldspoon Conspiracy

Don't thing theres a Rednecks connection.

I think now its just the remnants of the Coldspoons, but they haven't a new name yet. And the bassist is now with Crayonsmith.

And yeah, they were pretty decent.

Don't thing theres a Rednecks connection.

I think now its just the remnants of the Coldspoons, but they haven't a new name yet. And the bassist is now with Crayonsmith.

And yeah, they were pretty decent.

Ah yeah, just the band names sound similar. I've heard Jape, think they/he's class, but never heard rednecks.

So anyone else really hate "a french in cork"?

l_dd17419a0e2de19efe19880c42387bbc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back