My next door neighbour's alarm (1 Viewer)

It Will Never Last

Went off Friday night/Saturday morning...the external siren stopped after 20 minutes but the internal siren has continued since then. Its not loud enough to keep me awake, but it's loud enough to hear when I'm in my sitting room or kitchen. Its annoying the fuck out of me.

Is it OK to stab her in the face when she finally arrives home?

The fucking thing is always going off, she's never there and this goes on for days on end. She could at least get a monitored alarm so she'd know when the fucker went off. I'm tempted to break in and rob the fucking gaff. That'll learn her.

Bitch.

That is really annoying. Are you in a managed apartment block or neighbourhood? In any apartment block I lived in it was in the terms and conditions that all apartments with alarms must leave a set of keys with the management company and/or a contact number for someone with a set of keys if they were going to be absent from home.

On one occasion in an apartment block I lived in the police were called to break down the door and disable the alarm in one apartment after it had been going off for 2 days. In fact there may be a case for calling the police as it could be argued that your neighbour could have been burgled and be lying in a bloody heap on the sitting room floor.

Went off Friday night/Saturday morning...the external siren stopped after 20 minutes but the internal siren has continued since then. Its not loud enough to keep me awake, but it's loud enough to hear when I'm in my sitting room or kitchen. Its annoying the fuck out of me.

Is it OK to stab her in the face when she finally arrives home?

The fucking thing is always going off, she's never there and this goes on for days on end. She could at least get a monitored alarm so she'd know when the fucker went off. I'm tempted to break in and rob the fucking gaff. That'll learn her.

Bitch.

In fact there may be a case for calling the police as it could be argued that your neighbour could have been burgled and be lying in a bloody heap on the sitting room floor.

That'd learn her even more than me robbing the gaff.

Its a housing estate.

She's not there, her car's been gone all weekend and when she is in I'm usually in her back garden licking her sitting room window.

Some alarms can be set to turn off after a set amount of time. We had a similar problem where we live and spoke to the neighbour. She got the alarm set to turn off after 20 minutes.

Some alarms can be set to turn off after a set amount of time. We had a similar problem where we live and spoke to the neighbour. She got the alarm set to turn off after 20 minutes.

Last time I talked to this young wan she grunted back at me. Might try suggesting she cops the fuck on.

That'd learn her even more than me robbing the gaff.

Its a housing estate.

She's not there, her car's been gone all weekend and when she is in I'm usually in her back garden licking her sitting room window.

Call the police. Tell them that your neighbour is away and you fear that the house may have been broken into as the alarm is going off.

get yourself invited in and hide one of these bad boys somewhere

http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/8c52/

With its thin design and embedded magnet for easy hiding, the Annoy-a-tron can be placed in a variety of locations. Select one of the three sound choices (2 kHz, 12 kHz, or alternating) and push the switch to the on position. Place it in a proper hiding spot and let the "fun" begin. The Annoy-a-tron generates a short (but very annoying, hence the name) beep every few minutes. Your unsuspecting target will have a hard time 'timing' the location of the sound because the beeps will vary in intervals ranging from 2 to 8 minutes. The 2kHz sound is generically annoying enough, but if you really really want to aggravate somebody, select the 12 kHz sound. Trust us.

Call the police. Tell them that your neighbour is away and you fear that the house may have been broken into as the alarm is going off.

I did this once. Rang the cops one sunday night/monday morning at about 2am telling them I thought the house next door 'might' be getting broken into. Was all apologetic about the possibility of wasting their time and everything, but they were great about it. There was a murder up in the area that night so they were kind of busy, but they sent someone around eventually. They just had a good look around the place, front and back, and eventually headed off.

The alarm never went off again, so I reckon they contacted whoever owned it (it was one of them estates where no one knew anyone else) and told them about it. Would be kind of embarrassing I reckon if they were to get in touch about something like that.

So, yeah, next time it goes off, call the cops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back