My favourite ad (1 Viewer)

I hate those soprano wiseguy "banking, only better", "he needs a wakeup call", "muuum, whut urr yuh doing heeer, i just got to third base with frigid richard here, get your fucking knitting out of my face, i want to finish my ride" and it's dinky little wanky piano number tossed off. Give me the be-bop jazz guitar "dim bih dee, dim dee dump" of the "under the tree at spar" spar ad anyday.

What about:

me name is rashooorzzz see / I have deese flashes see / about the naturdal taste of bacon as it uset to be / and now I'm tolt / what's new is olt / or rather old style rashers I'll be enjayan far me teeeeeee

maybe this has been mentioned but...

....the Carte D'or Ice Cream Ad were the old granny makes a comment about the son's "real" father, she's then removed from the table and BANGS the piano on her way out, bloody hilarious!!!

....i think due to complaints, the granny hitting the piano part has been omitted as it an unwarranted stereotype against ol dears?

y'know that song on the Chalets album - Fight Your Kids? They use a riff in that that's almost exactly like the jingle from the 80's Asda ads (the one that ends in the patting of the change in the arse pocket).

As for current ads, the Burger King Bonnie Tyler type power-ballad one .|..|

not really favorite but memorable ads....

-homestead, brings value home!
-that wispa ad where yer wan is spewing "Oscar delta, oscar delta"
-the pennys christmas one always depressed me, who the fuck who get enjoyment out a crappy pennys purchase?
-the animated ad with the dogs going out into the fields & killing sheep
-the "walking in the air" an post one. haven't seen that in ages, they must have discontinued it.

actually all those public safe-et-ee ads from the 80's are the gas. The ones where they use mnemohoiewhfnics or whatever yiz call them to try to get the economically and socially depressed irish not to be setting themselves on fire with fag ends and magic flamey nighties. One of them was for E.T.H.E.L.

what the FUCK did that stand for?

Eek! The House Engulfed (by) Large (flames)

kirstie said:
actually all those public safe-et-ee ads from the 80's are the gas. The ones where they use mnemohoiewhfnics or whatever yiz call them to try to get the economically and socially depressed irish not to be setting themselves on fire with fag ends and magic flamey nighties. One of them was for E.T.H.E.L.

what the FUCK did that stand for?

Eek! The House Engulfed (by) Large (flames)

some familiar hag going on about her daughter's nightie
and John putting out a cat

contender for least likely song to feature on an ad only saw it once on satellite tv: a load of student aged types run amok around a junkyard in what has nothing to do with mobile phone (rubbish invention) network to strains of "i'm about to have a nervous breakdown my head really hurts..." - black flag.

nuke terrorist said:
contender for least likely song to feature on an ad only saw it once on satellite tv: a load of student aged types run amok around a junkyard in what has nothing to do with mobile phone (rubbish invention) network to strains of "i'm about to have a nervous breakdown my head really hurts..." - black flag.
Civ's Can't Wait One Minute More is currently being used to flog Nissan's in the US

Remember the class animated Yop ad with the Maradona hand of God - "Oh Yop oh Yop oh Yop"

Or the really expensive-looking Flahavans ad where the family are all out jogging in cool matching tracksuits before breakfast while it's still dark.

Or the one where Dave's telly starts giving out to him for not having a TV licence.

All gold.

Unicron said:
It's illegal in this country to advertise prescription medication. That's why Pele does ad's sponsored by Pfizer about erectile disfunction.

i like the way he makes it clear he doesn't suffer from a floppy jalopy. "i would". Class.

Those "Belly's gonna get ya!" ads were freaky as hell.

Also, if someone's been paid more than two yo for coming up with those "Go Hah-vey gooooooo" ads then brother, I don't know what to tell ya.

what was that ad for a chocolate bar where the girl was flying around on something and went into building and shit shit shit ???:confused:

I realise everyone is over the whole ad thing but I can't let this thread pass without mentioning the uber olde adde:

"My name? ........ J.R. Hartley"

I would totally swap my grandad for that sweet little fly-fishing author guy. But then my grandad is pretty grumpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back