My favourite ad (1 Viewer)

krystal

Since 2000
this is totally going to get moved but sure what the fuck.

My favourite ad at the moment is the one for Low Low or whatever, when the grim reaper comes to call.

MRS O'ConnnnooOOOOOrr
ah shure come in out of that auld rain there
BUT MRSSS O'COnnnnOoooooOOR
have an auld scone
*Huh??*
leaves, carrying umbrella in place of scythe.

Gets me every time.

Yeah, I saw that too. Ah RTE.

The director generdal obviously just got a new Beko Widescreen from Power City and had an auld brainwave.

It's no NIBBLE, but.

Howyeh, fancy a NIBBLE

A WHAAAAAAAATTTTT??

hanley said:
saw an add for how to watch tv in widescreen the other day.good ole RTE

kirstie said:

My favourite ad at the moment is the one for Low Low or whatever, when the grim reaper comes to call.

MRS O'ConnnnooOOOOOrr
have an auld scone
*Huh??*

Gets me every time.

A friend of mine got engaged recently to a dude who's surname is O'Connor, and rather than be delighted for them about this new adventure they're embarking on together, I've just been tormenting her by working "MRS O'ConnnnooOOOOOrr Your time has come" into conversation at every available opportunity.

Excellent!
Zeelander said:
A friend of mine got engaged recently to a dude who's surname is O'Connor, and rather than be delighted for them about this new adventure they're embarking on together, I've just been tormenting her by working "MRS O'ConnnnooOOOOOrr You're time has come" into conversation at every available opportunity.

kirstie said:

MRS O'ConnnnooOOOOOrr
have an auld scone
*Huh??*

Gets me every time.

and then he goes out with that keee-razy dutch guy for a few pints o Grolsch. Death has good taste in spread, beer.

NY broad: "Sean, its three o'clock in the morning."

Yer man off apres match: "Yeah, but its breakfast time back home."

NY broad: "Ok look sean, your insane, we're finished. I'm gonna pack my stuff."

Yer man off apres match: "D'ja want a few rashers before you go?"

NY broad: "Yeah fuck it go on."

what about the new Guinness ad set in New York or somewhere? It looks like yer man is trying to hire a hitman but it turns out he's just trying to get a ticket to the All-Ireland hurling final for his old man. At the end some guy says to the son in the pub "You 'd better hope it's not a draw ye cunt".

I've heard from an unreliable source that in the sequel it does in fact turn out to be a draw and the guy hires a hitman to kill his dad to save himself having to get him a ticket for the replay.

whooosss thakin da harse tuh frhence?

Osama Van Halen said:
YOU HAVE KEER-EEE GOLD IN IRELAANND TOOOO????!!!!!!.... hands down no.1

Jimcorr said:
One of my favourite ads ever was for the Irish Times Ticket mag.
Duracell bunnies drumming along to "Suspect Device" by SLF.

The Sus Sus Sus-sus-Sus Sus-sus-Pect Device bit
That was really cute! I'd say yer man of rathergood.com made it.
http://www.rathergood.com/independent_woman/

My fave ads at the moment are the new Bud ones where there's an Irish version of Baywatch and the other one where Bud take over the premiership. Funneh.

I'd say they just totally ripped it off. That's what I thought the minute I saw it - canny Irish coked off his head ad exec sees this thing on t'internet, thinks - yes, I can sell this to those fucks at the Irish Times who wouldn't know what the zeitgeist was if it bit them on the hole. Then he rang up some dudes and got them to do it for half price. Spent the rest of the week bragging about it in Reynards.

frona said:
That was really cute! I'd say yer man of rathergood.com made it.
http://www.rathergood.com/independent_woman/

My fave ads at the moment are the new Bud ones where there's an Irish version of Baywatch and the other one where Bud take over the premiership. Funneh.

kirstie said:
whooosss thakin da harse tuh frhence?

remember the big kerrygold ad in the 80s? Same formula. Conservative, grounded yet sexy irish woman flirts with a dark dashing french dude.

Frog: "Is there something I can help?"

Bean an ti: "Well you could put a bit of butter on the spuds there Andre."

*cue buttery sexy chemistry*

Oh I remember. The auld wan 'we'll be serving now...in a minute'

LEESAAA....MISS KENNEDDEEEEEEEEE

Lefty Frizzell said:
remember the big kerrygold ad in the 80s? Same formula. Conservative, grounded yet sexy irish woman flirts with a dark dashing french dude.

Frog: "Is there something I can help?"

Bean an ti: "Well you could pt a bit of butter on the spud there Andre."

*cue buttery sexy chemistry*

kirstie said:
I'd say they just totally ripped it off. That's what I thought the minute I saw it - canny Irish coked off his head ad exec sees this thing on t'internet, thinks - yes, I can sell this to those fucks at the Irish Times who wouldn't know what the zeitgeist was if it bit them on the hole. Then he rang up some dudes and got them to do it for half price. Spent the rest of the week bragging about it in Reynards.
Dude, you've smashed my dreams!

Remember the terrys chocolate orange ad with the guy who from his kitchen enters an indiana jones style labyrinth of booby traps and skeletons just to get his hands on the tasty chocilih?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back