my bloody valentine 2013 (1 Viewer)

Yeah ... I was going to write a review too! We'll see who gets there first , eh ..

It was ... Disappointing ... All the above that WC said and also ... The you made me realise noise part was about three minutes long. Not good. I'm glad I went but it was like this god-like band revealed as being " just another band". Weird gig.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

However, I was standing beside J Mascis for a while ...

Apparently his girlfriends band were supporting and she mentioned on stage that the album was been released in a few days

Yeah he said "2 or 3 days (long pause) 3 days."

The sound was absolutely awful for the first 4 or 5 songs and they had technical difficulties throughout. The sound guy seemed to be mixing the show with his feet and he apparently just didn't like Bilinda Butcher because you couldn't hear anything she sang or played. .

I would have thought a band like MBV would make sure to have their own sound guy on tour with them, as I imagine it would be a nightmare for a regular Joe to get right. Maybe they did and the venue was just crap. But I've seen bands in pretty awful venues (Radiohead in Point Depot and Godspeed' in the Temple Bar) and the sound was amazing in both, cause they had their own lads on controls.

Not that I have any idea about these things....

I would have thought a band like MBV would make sure to have their own sound guy on tour with them, as I imagine it would be a nightmare for a regular Joe to get right. Maybe they did and the venue was just crap. But I've seen bands in pretty awful venues (Radiohead in Point Depot and Godspeed' in the Temple Bar) and the sound was amazing in both, cause they had their own lads on controls.

I'd imagine they did have their own sound guy but he was either totally shite or it was one of those first night of the tour kind of moments. I could see everything he did and at no stage despite how bad it sounded, did he seem to be worried about anything, so he's probably just shite.

Were earplugs available? I saw them in Manchester in June 09 and they were brilliant. Watching a vid from the Fuji Rocks concert on Youtube though I can appreciate how they'd be a dodgy soundmix away from sounding shite.
We were in Manchester, at the end of "the holocaust", they went off stage....I asked a bouncer if they'd be coming back. He looked at me like I was insane....."Ah fookin' hope not!!".
It really was a hell of a racket they were making, in fairness.

Were earplugs available? I saw them in Manchester in June 09 and they were brilliant. Watching a vid from the Fuji Rocks concert on Youtube though I can appreciate how they'd be a dodgy soundmix away from sounding shite.
We were in Manchester, at the end of "the holocaust", they went off stage....I asked a bouncer if they'd be coming back. He looked at me like I was insane....."Ah fookin' hope not!!".
It really was a hell of a racket they were making, in fairness.

Yup.

I think if your soundman is decent and experienced, then he can work with any room. The TBMC was shite, but every time I say Rocket From The Crypt in there they sounded class.

The problem is MBV's soundman is probably deaf as a post. Has to work based purely on 'feel' - make it just loud enough to make your eyeballs burst, then dial it back 1%

I'd imagine they have a high turnover of sound engineers, so it will always take a few gigs to iron out the flaws. I saw them in Manchester (08/09?) on the last tour, they'd played four or five gigs by that stage and the sound was perfect.

It's happening tonight ... That's what they're saying

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back