mortgage stuff (1 Viewer)

over 2 grand. holy fuck!
do you have a social life anymore?

well, there are two of us paying it, so it's not that horrific.

also it's around what we we've been paying out in terms of rent + saving for deposit/stamp duty/renovations for the last few years, so we're (kind of) used to it. still be nice if it was less, obviously.

I'd still compare the rate you got against the rates listed in today's property supplement (Irish Times today i think). The brokers get paid by the banks because they have sweetheart deals and give the banks business, rather than seeking out what is in your best interests.

ah yeah this mortgage malarky was a doddle. i'm going halves with the sister on an apartment - she sized up all the brokers & banks leaving nothing for me to do but sit on my arse. everything is completed & signed. we're just waiting on some form from the development's solicitors - the amount of bureaucracy involved with all the deeds & what not is unreal. size of a phone book.

I think I know the answer to this already but one can live in hope.

I bought my place on my own a couple of years ago. My boyfriend and I are now saving to move and buy somewhere else. My question is if I get a mortgage with my boyfriend, is there any way we can just put his name on the deeds of the house, thus allowing him to avail of first time buyer status and so avoid stamp duty?

:D

If both your names are on the mortgage then I don't think so. In any event, if you managed to pull it off and if anything went wrong between you both (touch wood that won't happen) then you'd be left with no legal entitlement to the property.

I think I know the answer to this already but one can live in hope.

I bought my place on my own a couple of years ago. My boyfriend and I are now saving to move and buy somewhere else. My question is if I get a mortgage with my boyfriend, is there any way we can just put his name on the deeds of the house, thus allowing him to avail of first time buyer status and so avoid stamp duty?

:D

You'd have to do everything in his name. Myself and my boyfriend did this- our house deeds and mortgage are entirely in my name so that when it comes to upsizing down the line, he can avail of first time buyer status. We explained to the bank mortgage dude that although the mortgage would only be in my name, we'd both be paying it back (there's no earthly way I would qualify for a mortgage on my own!) The bank ok'd it no problem but they did require one of my parents to act as guarantor on the loan. If you take this route though, make sure to get your lawyer to draw up a legal document (a non-nuptial agreement, if you will) which asserts your entitlement to the property - it ain't romantic but it would be stupid not to.

I LOVE YOU!! This would be so great if it works for us. We will save in the region of 40,000 if it can be done. Won't be selling until next year though. I'm sure my parents will go guarantor again as they did so when I bought the place I'm in now.

I presume they process the mortage as if both of us were applying, taking into account both our salaries, and then they just issue the mortage in my boyfriend's name? This seems too good to be true!!

Just by the by - we're with PTSB and were paying a tracker rate of 5.1%

I just called them up and asked were we getting the best rate, and the guy said he's give us a 4.8% rate!

Which is about €50 a month.

So it's worth asking!

Does anyone here know much about the difference between transfer of deeds when it's an appartment and when it's a house. Is there a difference? 500 quid seems like an insane amount of money for the state to acknowledge something that doesn't technically involve any land (given that with an appartment the legal/land issues are tied up with the management company)

Anyone (a) know what i'm on about and (b) have the time to school a spa on such matters?

Does anyone here know much about the difference between transfer of deeds when it's an appartment and when it's a house. Is there a difference? 500 quid seems like an insane amount of money for the state to acknowledge something that doesn't technically involve any land (given that with an appartment the legal/land issues are tied up with the management company)

Anyone (a) know what i'm on about and (b) have the time to school a spa on such matters?

are you talking about transferring the title from one person's name to another - in respect of an apartment?

500 seems a little high as presumably all the searches etc were done with the initial buyer.

on the other hand if you're getting a mortgage, standard solicitors fees for conveyancing (whether it's a house or an apartment) would be more than double that.

This is very much outside of solicitors fees. This is just transfer of title deed. I was warned about this by a solicitor last year but I have no recollection as to what he told me.

are you talking about transferring the title from one person's name to another - in respect of an apartment?

500 seems a little high as presumably all the searches etc were done with the initial buyer.

on the other hand if you're getting a mortgage, standard solicitors fees for conveyancing (whether it's a house or an apartment) would be more than double that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back