mortgage stuff (1 Viewer)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What fucking planet are you living on?

I'll stand by it.

The idea is a. it's pointless what can the person do and b. poor them they are only doing a shitty job why be a cunt to them.

It's also one of the side effects of privatization in a society - rather than dealing with a public servant you are now dealing with someone who is "only doing their job". You are expected to feel any of all of the following;
  • He's only doing his job, he's just following the rules
  • He'd be fired otherwise
  • He has no ability to make up the rules himself
  • It's pointless fighting
  • This is inevitable
  • It's my fault for not following whatever procedure this company has implemented
Worse than that, when these companies are overseeing civic processes like clamping, driver theory tests etc. whatever stupid procedures some idiot kid from Deloitte or whtever pulled out of his Fat Frog addled hole one Monday morning now have this bizarre quasi judicial status.

Last edited:
I'll stand by it.

The idea is a. it's pointless what can the person do and b. poor them they are only doing a shitty job why be a cunt to them.

It's also one of the side effects of privatization in a society - rather than dealing with a public servant you are now dealing with someone who is "only doing their job". You are expected to feel any of all of the following;
  • He's only doing his job, he's just following the rules
  • He'd be fired otherwise
  • He has no ability to make up the rules himself
  • It's pointless fighting
  • This is inevitable
  • It's my fault for not following whatever procedure this company has implemented
Worse than that, when these companies are overseeing civic processes like clamping, driver theory tests etc. whatever stupid procedures some idiot kid from Deloitte or whtever pulled out of his Fat Frog addled hole one Monday morning now have this bizarre quasi judicial status.

That's all very nice but none of it has stopped people being cunts on the phone to people who work in call centres.

Should you feel bad about acting the cunt to another person? Yes, yes you should. Of course since these companies are also run by people who don't feel bad about acting the cunt to other people they have no problem:

a) making your life difficult with their shitty company
and
b) acting the cunt to people when they call a call center themselves.

Just to get this thread even more off track and to be a bit of a prick, US customer service is fucking stellar, any time I have a problem, I call someone up and they go out of their way to help you.

Amazon = legendary
That book didn't arrive, no bother we've just shipped you another, if the first one arrives sometime don't sweat it.

I believe I read somewhere that Amazon's tactic is to just throw money at it until they've driven every other company out of business? They're currently making a loss by betting on being the last ones standing. It'll probably pay off mind.

Just to get this thread even more off track and to be a bit of a prick, US customer service is fucking stellar, any time I have a problem, I call someone up and they go out of their way to help you.

"US customer service" is a bit vague, no? Many US companies outsource their customer service to less stellar companies. Are we talking about something a bit more specific? (genuinely interested btw)

"US customer service" is a bit vague, no? Many US companies outsource their customer service to less stellar companies. Are we talking about something a bit more specific? (genuinely interested btw)

You call on the phone and you usually find someone that will genuinely try and help you with your issue.

The greatest trick the corporate world ever played on society was the one where they made it socially unacceptable to be a cunt to a person in a call centre, then refuse to engage wuth customers except through call centres.
i've been having great fun with irish water. my issue has been with their complaints department for six weeks, and they have done absolutely nothing to try to resolve it.

I believe I read somewhere that Amazon's tactic is to just throw money at it until they've driven every other company out of business? They're currently making a loss by betting on being the last ones standing. It'll probably pay off mind.
i was looking at their 'trade-in' thing this evening, i wonder if the aim is to make charity bookshops obsolete

enhanced-7470-1393592078-19.jpg

They say shit at the end like
"Now, have I helped you with your problem adequately?"
And
"Is there anything else at all that I can help you with today"
At that point your problem is fixed and you're just trying to get their shiny happy voice off the fucking phone as they're taking up your time.
"No. Thanks. Bye. (Click)"

i've been having great fun with irish water. my issue has been with their complaints department for six weeks, and they have done absolutely nothing to try to resolve it.
they got back to me and told me they'd have the issue resolved by january. it's in relation to access to the stop valve at the meter in case of emergency.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back