morrissey for the eurovision (1 Viewer)

from bbc.co.uk

Former Smiths singer Morrissey could represent the UK at the 2007 Eurovision Song Contest, the BBC has confirmed.
The Mancunian musician first expressed an interest in taking part after Daz Sampson's song, Teenage Life, came fifth from last in the 2006 contest.

"I was horrified but not surprised to see the UK fail," he said. "Why didn't they ask me?"

The BBC says it is in talks with the singer to write and possibly perform a track for this year's contest in May.

But a spokeswoman for the corporation warned "nothing is confirmed at the moment".

The BBC has approached several other high-profile acts as it tries to "up the ante on the calibre of artists" taking part in the annual competition, she added.

*chortle*
Some well-needed credibility for Moz comes in the guise of Eurovision. He'll never be as good as Johnny Logan.

They've tampered with the format a bit though haven't they? They don't read out all the scores now I don't think. Just skip straight to the 8, 10, 12 points. And it's voted by the public rather than some old goat in a suit. There's about 300 countries in Europe now isn't there?

I'm sure they can sling Israel out.

nooooooo, it'll be terrible if the eurovision becomes cool.

that'd be like the olympics without drugs.....pointless
What do you mean, if it becomes cool?
lordi.jpg

nooooooo, it'll be terrible if the eurovision becomes cool.

that'd be like the olympics without drugs.....pointless

that's not goin to happen.
Major camp factor in the Moz doing it, but i can't see him sitting through the 'deux points' shit haha!

andy and mike's expressions are saying - "I am going to sue your arse...oh you just wait"

Ha.. take a look at this - Tony Wilson interviews The Smiths in 1985:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Joyce and Rourke: "Our time will come".. pretty ominous in hindight. (It's also amusing for Wilson and Morrisey's barely disguised emnity for each other).

Christ I thought that was a hoax. I don't like Morrissey but I thought he would hate the Eurovision, but then again, he is a ponce

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back