Mira Calix and Andrea Parker CANCELLED (1 Viewer)

minka said:
thanks heaps and heaps to everyone who turned up.
Thanks to all the organisers. It was a brilliant weekend.

Highlights: Baba Yaga; Jessie & Layla; Americhord; the drummer in Hysteria.

Lowlights: no Calix/Parker; Sunday morning's hangover; missing La Fraction (although Flaherty/Corsano more than made up for that).

Hope it happens again next year.

Paul

P.S. RIP John Balance.

hag said:
who saw la fraction? are they as good as everyone says they are?
i missed the end of their set due to legging it up to lazybird, but i thought they were super - the singer is a-bleedin'-mazing. fantastic voice and tons of energy.

minka said:
i missed the end of their set due to legging it up to lazybird, but i thought they were super - the singer is a-bleedin'-mazing. fantastic voice and tons of energy.
you care to compare them to anyone? from reading about them, i find it difficult to imagine how they sound. also, missing a band full of french ladies, you can imagine my despair.

THRILLHO said:
I really enjoyed Kal Lavelle, even though she was a last-minute addition to the line-up.
I didn't get to see her, what was she like??

Congratulauions on th ladyfest it's obvious that you worked really hard and I glad it went well. Sorry I missed all of it. Wasn't in Duberlin at all.

Really enjoyed this, thought Americord was absolutely brilliant,
wasn't too pushed about Baba Yaga to be honest although I was definitely
in the minority with that opinion.
Shame about Mira Calix/Andrea well well done to all for putting this
on!

aoifed said:
Yup. Well done sluts. You did alright for girls. Really like the t-shirts. Can you still get them?
heh, sluts. is that like a guy being able to call other guys assholes? ;)

aoifed said:
Yup. Well done sluts. You did alright for girls. Really like the t-shirts. Can you still get them?
there are 7 of the larger ladies (age 11-13) blue ones left, and That Is It. All the skull ones sold out, all the mens sold out, all the smaller blue ones sold out, all the badges sold out. We also have some bags left, but the rest are on chests.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to this. I'm still grinning ear to ear. To all of the other organisers, and to everyone who played, DJd, hosted a workshop, sold stuff at the craft fair, gave a talk, hung some art, showed a film, or came along to have a good time, thanks for making me believe that the world can be a really nice place. It wouldn't have happened without each and every one of us.

jane said:
Thanks again to everyone who came out to this. I'm still grinning ear to ear. To all of the other organisers, and to everyone who played, DJd, hosted a workshop, sold stuff at the craft fair, gave a talk, hung some art, showed a film, or came along to have a good time, thanks for making me believe that the world can be a really nice place. It wouldn't have happened without each and every one of us.
this reminds me of something i wrote to people i know in america when bush got back into office. my idea of america, before i'd met them of before they showed me how they live (music, art, etc.), was pretty ignorant. but they completely changed my idea of what americans/america is capable of. this is similar, some people who weren't sure before now know what they're capable of. and it's little flashes like this, all over the world... i'd like to think that one day, there'll be more and more flashes and less and less time in between them so they all contribute to one amazing bright light. and that was the only thing i could say to them, keep showing this side of america to people, keeping fighting against mediocrity and oppression (in all it's forms)... make ladyfest a regular thing - set up something every 2 months or so... keep it going, give it legs. (nice long ones with silk stockings).

i wasn't even in dublin, i didn't see any of it yet somehow, i feel inspired by what you all did! go figure!

kirstie said:
there are 7 of the larger ladies (age 11-13) blue ones left, and That Is It. All the skull ones sold out, all the mens sold out, all the smaller blue ones sold out, all the badges sold out. We also have some bags left, but the rest are on chests.
Wanna sell me you green and white stripey T? ( autographed ).

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back