Ladyfest Dublin Line-up announcement (1 Viewer)

ooh I just saw this. well done girls.

that is such a deadly line up. I was expecting something different* to this.

* someone I didn't like such as chicks on speed or something

spiritualtramp said:
ooh I just saw this. well done girls.
ta.

the local ladyful talents of medea, miriam ingram, and jessie & layla have now also confirmed. more tba very soon.

Wavioli said:
Any links or info on these peoples? me never 'eard ovem.

Kudos on the others btw ! :)

Et voila!

Medea: "Dublin three-piece Medea formed last year. Former members of Playground Psychotic, they took the rock principles of that band and fused them with a much more melodic and sparse approach, resulting in a sound that has been described as somewhere between Joy Division and Sleater-Kinney."

Jessie & Layla: www.jessieandlayla.com

aaaannnnd we also have:

Baba Yaga (UK)
Featuring ex members of Witchknot, Month of Birthdays, and Snailracing, Baba Yaga play quirky, dischordant rock in the vein of Dog Faced Hermans and the Ex.

minka said:
aaaannnnd we also have:

Baba Yaga (UK)
Featuring ex members of Witchknot, Month of Birthdays, and Snailracing, Baba Yaga play quirky, dischordant rock in the vein of Dog Faced Hermans and the Ex.
jesus! this is going to be pretty amazing! PRAM!!!! PRAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMM!!!! rappa. i like pram.

Psychotic no 2 said:
My flatmate is handmaking a website for Medea so it should be up REALLY soon. Isn't that right, Tom?

What's he making it out of? Eh, Tom?

I hope it's like one of those toilet roll cosies that has half a pound shop barbie shoved into a crocheted 'skirt' that concealed the 'unmentionable' roll. I've always wanted one of those. Several times a year, I used to get a trunkload of creepy stuff, all made by the fine art of crochet, from my grandma, but never once did I get anything resembling a cosy.

Anyway, I'm very excited about this lineup. It's going to be fucking fantastic.

jane said:
What's he making it out of? Eh, Tom?

I hope it's like one of those toilet roll cosies that has half a pound shop barbie shoved into a crocheted 'skirt' that concealed the 'unmentionable' roll. I've always wanted one of those. Several times a year, I used to get a trunkload of creepy stuff, all made by the fine art of crochet, from my grandma, but never once did I get anything resembling a cosy.

Anyway, I'm very excited about this lineup. It's going to be fucking fantastic.
have you ever heard of 'shitbegone' toilet roll?

hag said:
have you ever heard of 'shitbegone' toilet roll?
No, but....oh my, if this is the other present, you know me too well.

Oh me, oh my.

Yessssss!

I'm thinking of installing a pay-to-poo system in my house. It will feature a special toilet that, when it senses any movement, activates a sensor that closes a hatch door across the opening. Visitors must then insert a pound in old money before they haul out their lawn cigars.

Anyway, to return to the topic, I will reiterate my excitement about our lineup. Hey, if you can't get excited about something you're involved with...

jane said:
No, but....oh my, if this is the other present, you know me too well.

Oh me, oh my.

Yessssss!

I'm thinking of installing a pay-to-poo system in my house. It will feature a special toilet that, when it senses any movement, activates a sensor that closes a hatch door across the opening. Visitors must then insert a pound in old money before they haul out their lawn cigars.

Anyway, to return to the topic, I will reiterate my excitement about our lineup. Hey, if you can't get excited about something you're involved with...
extreme hats off to all involved. just proves girls are way cooler than guys... i think i said that here a few months ago. way to prove me right.

oh, and for those of you who felt the lineup thus far was lacking in the, er, noisier end of lady music, we have now added Hysteria (from the Netherlands) and La Fraction (from France).

I am particularly looking forward to La Fraction.....

minka said:
oh, and for those of you who felt the lineup thus far was lacking in the, er, noisier end of lady music, we have now added Hysteria (from the Netherlands) and La Fraction (from France).

I am particularly looking forward to La Fraction.....
i'm particularly looking forward to this whole fucking thing... it sounds so exciting. please some of you keep it up after the festival too? i'm so sick of hearing about coldspoon and LM gigs every other day.

:( just worked out it's the same weekend as i've arranged gigs from giraffe running in bristol :( :( :( FUCK!!! two self-inflicted black eyes. i miss pram, nice one you fucking turd.

i'm going to miss all of this... so i will have to seek consolation by seeing Animal Collective, Black Dice, Thurston Moore and the Notekillers, Supersilent, Clinic and OOIOO while I'm in New York... poor me.

nEiLo said:
i'm going to miss all of this... so i will have to seek consolation by seeing Animal Collective, Black Dice, Thurston Moore and the Notekillers, Supersilent, Clinic and OOIOO while I'm in New York... poor me.
hey, at least i puched myself. i see a gloater. and possibly a floater.

nEiLo said:
my heart, it bleeds for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back