Minor Pleasures (9 Viewers)

Further to the aforementioned, I did get home at a reasonable hour, but I have no idea what the hell the YT algorithm is doing. I share the WiFi with other people so maybe that's why, but I have no idea what these things mean:
After some asking around, I found out what one of these suggestions is. Definitely not my cuppa tea.

It might be a GPThumped question. Why is this showing up in my suggestions?

Here's me thinking I'm uniquely wordy, but that's exactly the phrase I used. I suggested my man could make a thing of doing deconstructed cocktails, since he's not interested in actually learning how to do things properly.

There's a trendy restaurant near me here that sells a deconstructed cheese cake. Pure cheapskates. They're chicken is amazing all the same, marinated in tea.

All this LG love is triggering me

I got a new TV 7 or 8 months. Everyone was recommending LG.
Not knowing much, I took their advice & bought a 50 inch ultra HD blah blah blah...
It's absolutely fine so far. They only thing that annoyed me was giving money to those Chinese pricks after all that's happened. But its almost unavoidable at this stage.

Not knowing much, I took their advice & bought a 50 inch ultra HD blah blah blah...
It's absolutely fine so far. They only thing that annoyed me was giving money to those Chinese pricks after all that's happened. But its almost unavoidable at this stage.
haha fucks sake

LG is Korean, but you probably knew that.

We gave up on the TV a couple of years ago and we use a 4K monitor instead. Works grand for us and saves us €160 a year.
Is a TV licence contingent on having a TV these days? I thought they closed that loophole years ago that if you were streaming on a computer you still needed a licence.

Is a TV licence contingent on having a TV these days? I thought they closed that loophole years ago that if you were streaming on a computer you still needed a licence.

Nope, I checked the rules and they were specific that the only case in which we would require a licence without a TV set would be if we had a set-top box like a Sky Q or the Virgin/Eir equivalent. Which we don’t. Streaming via computer/console doesn’t count, otherwise you’d need a licence to own a smartphone.

Nope, I checked the rules and they were specific that the only case in which we would require a licence without a TV set would be if we had a set-top box like a Sky Q or the Virgin/Eir equivalent. Which we don’t. Streaming via computer/console doesn’t count, otherwise you’d need a licence to own a smartphone.
that can surely be extended to all app-based TV watching then? For example, Eir TV is an app on appleTV, NowTV, etc.

that can surely be extended to all app-based TV watching then? For example, Eir TV is an app on appleTV, NowTV, etc.

I only watch TV content on a monitor, Do I need a TV Licence?
You require a TV Licence in the following circumstances:

Connecting a SKY/Virgin Media/Saorview or any type of Digital TV Receiver to your monitor
Viewing any TV Programmes broadcast for general reception over broadband (e.g. Eir TV/Vodafone TV) on your monitor requires a TV Licence.

They’re very specific in the parentheses there, referring to set-top box-based services that received data via broadband rather than cable/satellite. Streaming services don’t count.

Connecting a SKY/Virgin Media/Saorview or any type of Digital TV Receiver to your monitor
Viewing any TV Programmes broadcast for general reception over broadband (e.g. Eir TV/Vodafone TV) on your monitor requires a TV Licence.

They’re very specific in the parentheses there, referring to set-top box-based services that received data via broadband rather than cable/satellite. Streaming services don’t count.

I wonder if that means that Sky glass is exempt from the licence given that is done entirely over the internet AFAIK.

ha, even though streaming is exactly what it is. Its hardly that different from watching RTE via the RTE player. It all shows they haven't a clue. I wonder if they've ever heard of the amazon Fire stick. Lots watching telly using that.

thanks for the info

I wonder if that means that Sky glass is exempt from the licence given that is done entirely over the internet AFAIK.

It’s being marketed as a TV, essentially a screen with a dedicated digital TV box built in, so I would err on the side of caution. That’s distinct from a computer+monitor (or in our case, games console+monitor) set-up.

Managed to finally get a break in the thunderstorms to finish a front door and railings I started last week.

Couple of studio days now before my next job are in order I think.

bit racist ;)

Managed to finally get a break in the thunderstorms to finish a front door and railings I started last week.

Couple of studio days now before my next job are in order I think.

That's a lovely bit of harmony and balance to have in your life, man

Fair play

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back