Minor Pleasures (10 Viewers)

Ah bless.

Sorry, but since you got all morbid it got me thinking(because things have happened here). Thinking too much perhaps, thinking not doing.

Ah bless.

Sorry, but since you got all morbid it got me thinking(because things have happened here). Thinking too much perhaps, thinking not doing.
Sean, you own every single moment after this one

Most anything we want for ourselves is achievable, step by step, day by day.

Death is not just something that is coming, it is also something that's happened.
Every moment that is past, already belongs to death. It claims every single yesterday. Every one of them unalterable.
The only thing to do about it is live. Put fucking nothing off til tomorrow if you can do it today. Live in today. We have to claim that time while it is still ours.

I don't mean to be preachy, I just believe in this. And I wasted a lot of time that's never coming back.

Love and peace, brother

1689869823059.png

I'm pretty sure Marcus Aurelius was a prick.

But I'm quite enjoying this rum and coke in an empty beer garden.

I'm also enjoying the Idea of going to bed in the next hour or so.

Spoke too soon. There's like a couple who've like ruined my serene moment, They are like a couple? talking about like stuff and stuff. Like, they don't even like know? At least they like agree with each other while like always asking like questions. Totally like.

Then someone tried to bum a cigarette off me, I said no, and I get the murder stare. Gave it back. Why am I, like, even like, here.

Ol' Billy Shakespeare was on the case

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life’s but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.​

Sean, you own every single moment after this one

Most anything we want for ourselves is achievable, step by step, day by day.

Death is not just something that is coming, it is also something that's happened.
Every moment that is past, already belongs to death. It claims every single yesterday. Every one of them unalterable.
The only thing to do about it is live. Put fucking nothing off til tomorrow if you can do it today. Live in today. We have to claim that time while it is still ours.

I don't mean to be preachy, I just believe in this. And I wasted a lot of time that's never coming back.

Love and peace, brother

View attachment 17357
Marcus Aurelius aside, I totally agree with this. Each day the probability of it being your last approaches 1 so make the most of it. This is why every morning I try to make sure everyone leaves the house happy with each other, each evening the same, and put the effort into doing the things that I’ll enjoy but feel lazy about.

I’m not as old as you @Deadmanposting but I’m hitting 40 this year and reflecting on my life, I’ve got some great wins but clearly some deficits too. Too much time working, weekends gone in the lab, being narky when I didn’t need to be at home, not looking after myself for most of my life, and not spending enough time with the people who make my life better.

I was inspired by your recent push up proselytising and have started working on my fitness again. I’ve been doing exercises to get up to doing push ups properly, hitting it every day except in extremis. I’ve cut out a lot of the crap I’ve been eating. I’ve started booking gigs again. And for the past year or so I’ve been hitting therapy with a renewed determination to working on the relationships that matter and not just my own shit.

I want to look back on a fulfilling life and I don’t want to just be defined by just my career and for hitting the standard grown up milestones of marriage, house, and kids. And I feel like life is great right now because of this focus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back