Minor Pleasures (2 Viewers)

getting spam like this:

Good Day Sir / Madam

With much respect to your company my name is Jack Lord and i will like to know if you do carry Muck Spreader in stock for sale...? If yes kindly email me back with the type and sizes that you have in stock and the total pick up price of each so that we can proceed with the order.. Moreover i will like to know if you do accept Credit Cards as a form of payment. Looking forward to hear from you soon with the sizes and the price list of each so that we can proceed with the order.Hope to hear from you soon
Kind Regards

Jack Lord

HawaiiFive-0_JackLord.JPG

I hate Eric Clapton. Always have. Then I watched Goodfellas again a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with the piano outro to Layla that plays near the end of that movie. So I get to thinking, shit, maybe I'm way off with Clapton. Then I look up all the live versions of Layla on Youtube and realise that the best things about that piece of music are Jim Gordon, the session piano player who also played on Pet Sounds and is in jail for trying to kill his mother, and Duane Allman, and that Clapton is, indeed, a MOR wanker of a lead guitar player. And I'm quietly satisfied.

London bar men. Like a pair of hipster zombies they were.
London bar staff are the worst bar staff I've ever encountered. They don't understand that you can feasibly pour more than one pint at a time and are usually too preoccupied texting on their phone/chatting to their mates/fixing their hair to notice the large queues forming at the bar. They're worst around East London where everyone is a bar person/model-actor-musician-whatever. Does my fucking head in. If you're ever in the vicinity of Broadway Market check out the bar staff in the Cat & Mutton for a laugh. It's staffed entirely by pretty retards.

London bar staff are the worst bar staff I've ever encountered. They don't understand that you can feasibly pour more than one pint at a time and are usually too preoccupied texting on their phone/chatting to their mates/fixing their hair to notice the large queues forming at the bar. They're worst around East London where everyone is a bar person/model-actor-musician-whatever. Does my fucking head in. If you're ever in the vicinity of Broadway Market check out the bar staff in the Cat & Mutton for a laugh. It's staffed entirely by pretty retards.

They literally move like teenagers being asked to tidy up after themselves, you feel like your interupting them by asking them to do their fucking jobs. It's definitely the most annoying thing about London. I feel like killing them every time I go to the bar. The only thing worse is if the bar serves Mojitos. Get the fuck out if you see a single mojito. They treat it like an excuse to spend 5 minutes making one fucking drink, while flirting with the lady nearest them. I'm actually getting miffed just thinking about it. I had to point out a bottle of Jameson for one of them last night because I swear he'd never seen one before. and yet I can't find a fucking job ? this is fucking ridiculous.

I was having some food with a friend in a Notting Hill pub the other week. We'd ordered some of those little fish you eat whole with the heads on, can't remember the name, and they came with a dipping sauce. My friend noticed a scabby looking chip at the bottom of the sauce. Clearly they'd just given us someone else's old sauce and dunked a bit more on top. When we complained to the waitress she looked at us as if we'd accused her of shitting in the sauce. She got on the defensive and got on her high horse as if we were accusing her of doing something obscene to our food. Made a complaint to the manager about the food and her service and he barely acknowledged us. The manager was like "yeah, sorry about that. thanks for bringing it to our attention". Both of these people were in their early to mid twenties. The attitude in this city is that if you work in the service industry it's ok to act as if you'd rather be doing anything else in the world and treat your customers like shite because this is only a means to an end or you're only working here because your parents cut you off or your subsidising your other career as a performance artist or avant garde composer or whatever. I fucking hate this attitude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back