Minor complaints thread (29 Viewers)

"So what’s the regulatory stance on these requests? And why is one bank asking for a PPS number and another isn’t?

We asked the Central Bank for its view, and were directed to a document on anti-money laundering measures in the financial sector. In this, it sets out the view that when it comes to current accounts, the regulator “has not included prescriptive/definitive examples of documentation that it considers would satisfy customer identification and verification requirements”.

As a result, it’s up to individual firms, and their own “risk-based approach”, to assess what documents they need to ask customers for in order to comply with national and international money laundering standards.

Some financial institutions, then, would rather have the tax numbers of all its customers ready to hand to help comply with international money laundering rules; others will deem the data they have to be sufficient."

"So what’s the regulatory stance on these requests? And why is one bank asking for a PPS number and another isn’t?

We asked the Central Bank for its view, and were directed to a document on anti-money laundering measures in the financial sector. In this, it sets out the view that when it comes to current accounts, the regulator “has not included prescriptive/definitive examples of documentation that it considers would satisfy customer identification and verification requirements”.

As a result, it’s up to individual firms, and their own “risk-based approach”, to assess what documents they need to ask customers for in order to comply with national and international money laundering standards.

Some financial institutions, then, would rather have the tax numbers of all its customers ready to hand to help comply with international money laundering rules; others will deem the data they have to be sufficient."

Paywalled. Does it say why it’s only some people being targeted? It’s not like my wife is moving large sums of money compared to me. It seems really weird, either it’s a policy or it isn’t.

Paywalled. Does it say why it’s only some people being targeted? It’s not like my wife is moving large sums of money compared to me. It seems really weird, either it’s a policy or it isn’t.

I rarely had more than a few hundred in mine. Mostly used it for keeping band album sales money in

Attachments

• IMG_2482.jpeg
    IMG_2482.jpeg
    387.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2483.jpeg
    IMG_2483.jpeg
    448.1 KB · Views: 0
I'm on the lookout for one of those 4 shelf kallax units on adverts within reasonable driving distance.
Every time I see one listed, its gone in seconds. There must be people watching out for these fucking things around the clock.

Took a few months but I just got 2 of the 4 shelf kallax units second hand on adverts, €50 for the pair, About 3 miles from me. Light ash wood effect, already assembled (thank god....they just about fit in the car) I'll just reinforce the shelves and job done. Cool.

Last edited:
Took a few months but I just got 2 of the 4 shelf kallax units second hand on adverts, €50 for the pair, About 3 miles from me. Light ash wood effect, already assembled (thank god....they just about fit in the car) I'll just reinforce the shelves and job done. Cool.

you'll be able to tell the grandkids about how you managed to survive the great kallax shortage of 2024.

They probably wont pay attention to you as they'll be too busy dealing with civilizational collapse or something

you'll be able to tell the grandkids about how you managed to survive the great kallax shortage of 2024.

They probably wont pay attention to you as they'll be too busy dealing with civilizational collapse or something
Bound to happen if they don’t reinforce the civilisational shelves first.

I've feck all to do today.
Which in many ways is a minor pleasure
but I should have just used some of my leave and taken the day off. being very much a on/off kinda person in terms of productivity I need a certain level of business to get anything done..

I also had soup for lunch, that hasn't helped.

I've feck all to do today.
Which in many ways is a minor pleasure
but I should have just used some of my leave and taken the day off. being very much a on/off kinda person in terms of productivity I need a certain level of business to get anything done..

I also had soup for lunch, that hasn't helped.

This is me everyday. I took this job because I knew it would be stress free and I could maybe do it for a year or two and then move on. I was considering it a break, more or less, but I am already bored everyday, which oddly is more tiring than be busy. I'd rather be busy.

This is me everyday. I took this job because I knew it would be stress free and I could maybe do it for a year or two and then move on. I was considering it a break, more or less, but I am already bored everyday, which oddly is more tiring than be busy. I'd rather be busy.
yeah - much as I sometimes long for a less stressful job, I know it would actually probably annoy me more than my current place.

Work is getting fairly boring too now. I think I might need everything to be near crisis point to enjoy it, because there’s no middle ground here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back