Minor complaints thread (37 Viewers)

Top tip (from Mrs. egg_, a bat-ologist) - always make sure your tank in the attic is covered
This is very solid advice!
We had a wasp nest in the attic that we didnt know about, and I ended up feeling pretty shitty after a few weeks of showering in the decomposing remains of 100s of them.

update. the plumber sealed up this leaky joint. this is good news.

The bad news is that we need to replace two stopcocks in the tank in the attic and it needs to be drained and cleaned because there are dead animals in it.
Never underestimate the value of putting a lid on the tank in the attic!

Having cleared out the remains and reminders of several types of creatures (including a wasps nest the size of a small suitcase) when I insulated our attic I made a lid from some plywood

I've never been in the attic in this house. I'm too old and stiff to climb up there. It didn't occur to me that it might not have a lid

I told my girlfriend that there was "stuff" in the tank. I think in this case, and for her sake ignorance is bliss.

I wasn't very good at construction studies in school, nor was the teacher, but his cistern horror stories put the bejaysus in me. I probably should go check it.

We don't have a cistern, or maybe there's a shared one on land. But I can see all the blue pipes coming into the boats. I've also seen mice strutting along the blue pipes lapping up water from the leaky bits. When housemate has had a big weekend he'll drink straight from the tap. Makes me ill just looking at him do it.

Lots of photos of stunning aurora over Donegal last night. But here's the thing; The colours are barely visible to the naked eye and you need to use a long exposure on a camera to see it that vividly.

1709544122713.png

This is NOT what it looks like to the cockadoody naked eye!

1709544066053.png

You've all moved on from the fizzy drink chat, but about 3 or 4 times a year I think I'd love a coke but I never get more than halfway thru the can, so I bought a bottle of Big Red Kitchen ginger cordial to make fizzy drinks with. Hits the spot.

Also, if someone's buying a non-problematic sodastream, it's hard to get gas refills since Argos left. These guys in Tallaght, Price List | Carbondioxide.ie, will refill 3 for 50 euro.

Lots of photos of stunning aurora over Donegal last night. But here's the thing; The colours are barely visible to the naked eye and you need to use a long exposure on a camera to see it that vividly.

View attachment 18257

This is NOT what it looks like to the cockadoody naked eye!

View attachment 18256

Saw them in malin head one New Year's Eve years ago. Lovely green hue over the horizon. Definitely visible to my nudey eyes. None of that pinky red business though

You've all moved on from the fizzy drink chat, but about 3 or 4 times a year I think I'd love a coke but I never get more than halfway thru the can, so I bought a bottle of Big Red Kitchen ginger cordial to make fizzy drinks with. Hits the spot.

Also, if someone's buying a non-problematic sodastream, it's hard to get gas refills since Argos left. These guys in Tallaght, Price List | Carbondioxide.ie, will refill 3 for 50 euro.

Or buy an adapter/converter and use any co2 tank

Adapter for SodaStream Cylinders

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back