Minor complaints thread (8 Viewers)

Fuck. I am literally about to ring a roof guy about our extension needing new flashing.
Id do it myself but herself wants it done asap and thinks (knows) it wouldn’t be high enough on my priority list

Sorry my mastic suggestion didn't work. Or rather, that it wasn't the problem and was a bad use of your time. At least I'm cheap.

I'm actually having a similar problem with a leaky joint in my plumbing. That joint was done by yours truly. It was the first ever bit of "plumbing" I've ever done tbf. Now that I'm thinking about it, I am pretty handy with pvc tape and cable ties. Should be graaaand. Or at least, better than a hull full of effluenty water.

Fuck. I am literally about to ring a roof guy about our extension needing new flashing.
Id do it myself but herself wants it done asap and thinks (knows) it wouldn’t be high enough on my priority list
Speaking of flashing, I ma going to give our builder guy some extra cash to buy a belt or jeans that fit. I can't take another day of his arse hanging out of his trousers.

Brought housemate out for a pint. He had had a really shit day and was sitting there head in hands.
But Then I bought all the pints. I also provided all the cigarettes.

I did have strong words and withering looks with the boy. This won't do young man. I know you're broke right now but...

And then in passing, he says his day rate at work is 1.8 times my day rate.
And unlike me he works every day.

I need to keep an eye on this kiddo.

Someone who knows me very well mentioned that "weird Joe website your always looking at". I was internally apoplectic. She had confused Thumped dot com with Joe dot IE.
She never knew me at all.

Tried three times to donate money to Palestinian Red Crescent with debit card and money will not go through.
Had to approve it on B.O.I. phone app then on confirmation it returns to PRC website a box appears saying:

''Information about your action

Do not honor

Back''

'Back' being a cursor to return to main page.

Hopefully it is a sign they are being overwhelmed with donations.
Gave money to another charity but wanted PRC to get it as matter of urgency.

Tried three times to donate money to Palestinian Red Crescent with debit card and money will not go through.
Had to approve it on B.O.I. phone app then on confirmation it returns to PRC website a box appears saying:

''Information about your action

Do not honor

Back''

'Back' being a cursor to return to main page.

Hopefully it is a sign they are being overwhelmed with donations.
Gave money to another charity but wanted PRC to get it as matter of urgency.
just realised if you give Irish Red Cross money PRC probably get it anyway.

So we got the roof refelted for nothing. The culprit was this leaking joint on the overflow pipe that runs from the water tank in the attic. Now we need a plumber and someone to fix the ceiling.
update. the plumber sealed up this leaky joint. this is good news.

The bad news is that we need to replace two stopcocks in the tank in the attic and it needs to be drained and cleaned because there are dead animals in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back