Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

Had to get someone in to fix my leaky kitchen roof. I tried applying mastic as suggested here a while back but it didn't work. The guys spent most of yesterday applying new felt. Woke up this morning to find it has leaked again.

Had to get someone in to fix my leaky kitchen roof. I tried applying mastic as suggested here a while back but it didn't work. The guys spent most of yesterday applying new felt. Woke up this morning to find it has leaked again.
Same. Spent a fortune last year getting the extension roof refelted. Didn't work.

i've mentioned here before that i need to get a flat roof redone and that any roofers i contacted were giving me a spiel i wasn't happy with. 'bit of felt, be graaand' is not what i want.
several people working in the trades have expressed dubiousness about roofers to me. 'it's not a trade, you know', could be trade-based snootiness.

They are back again to see what went wrong.

So we got the roof refelted for nothing. The culprit was this leaking joint on the overflow pipe that runs from the water tank in the attic. Now we need a plumber and someone to fix the ceiling.

Attachments

• 20240228_104226.jpg
    20240228_104226.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
try this guy

Thy did a lot of work for us. It's not a total recommendation as he can be a bit of a bollox sometimes. We've also given his number to people in the past who have had MAJOR problems with them. Anyway they sorted out our heating, changed taps, found leaks etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back