Minor complaints thread (20 Viewers)

I don't think i'm aquainted with anyone who is so in touch with what they need as opposed to what they want as you. (that's a compliment).

My setup is that my work is essentially a kinda speedrun situation with maybe 15 minutes downtime in the day, I have to keep a pace going the whole time or I'd be here all night. So I keep some sugar/water based canned drinks in my locker to offset when I start slumping after lunch. So what I need is a bit of sugar to keep me alert for the last two hours, but my wants have convinced me that It's that orange flavoured artificially sugared water in a can.

For the record I actually drink club.
Once every year or two I am given orange juice that actually turns out to be Club Orange. It doesn't even taste like oranges.
It's an awful concoction from when Ireland was a third world country.

Sometimes I go into a pub and ask for orange juice and they don't stock it.
Unless they sell water there's nothing for me to drink.

My point was water or (usually) juice are sold in plastic bottles so there isn't an option. Keep the water bottles and reuse them.
That's all you can do.
Of course there's no need to drink bottled water at home.

A bottle of soft drink is a real once in a while treat. Like once every couple of months. Because I'm poor and also worry about my teeth.

On that topic i think we need to piss in hedges and gardens more if we want to secure the future of naturally filtered spring water. Dropping it all into rivers and bays without using a giant natural filtration system isn't all that smart really.

The internet in my village has been terrible since Wednesday
- apart from mobile phones.
Router won't work for laptop, credit card machine not working etc.
I wanted to transfer money into bank at Post Office on Wednesday at 5:15 pm. The unfortunate Post Master said he had internet problems all day and internet might not work - it didn't. He had to give up after several attempts.

There is no plan B if internet fails.

yes they do.

but it's all the same shit.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm updating my knowledge on this to say the liquid that comes in cardboard is to be avoided. Washing up powder FTW.

I'm updating my knowledge on this to say the liquid that comes in cardboard is to be avoided. Washing up powder FTW.

Maybe we shouldn't wash stuff as much?!
I haven't gone walking as much in last 2+ months because it was so wet my mucked up clothes were only lasting one day.

I use Lily's laundry liquid. I get it in 5 litre PLASTIC containers (pump dispenser required) but it should last me until the end of the year.
The ingredients should be fairly sound.
Costs about 40 Euro for 5 litres though.
2nd EDIT:
29.60 euros and 6 for delivery

Last edited:
I use Lily's laundry liquid. I get it in 5 litre PLASTIC containers (pump dispenser required) but it should last me until the end of the year.
The ingredients should be fairly sound.

I use that too, but there's refill shop in town so I'm just refilling the same container over and over. i think they have the 20L one - i don't know if they are returning those containers to lily's or what - so all i know is get to remove one stage of plastic from the equation.

That Irish song says, "until my friends come home from Christmas"... overplayed. There is a radio at work and I swear it's on at least 4 times a day.
is it this? I never heard it , just googled the lyrics out of curiosity

he's Canadian and has that awful "Passenger" style vocal affectation

yuck

I saw a big post on fuckbook the other day with tons of people complaining about the return scheme. 99% of them had no understanding of how it is supposed to work. So depressing. People really are fucking stupid.
The amount of them whose only comment was "I hate Eamonn Ryan, I hope he dies". Wouldn't be surprised if the entire thing was a disguised political ad.

is it this? I never heard it , just googled the lyrics out of curiosity

he's Canadian and has that awful "Passenger" style vocal affectation

yuck

Huh, I just assumed he was Irish but yes that's it. It is now getting under my skin.

I saw a big post on fuckbook the other day with tons of people complaining about the return scheme. 99% of them had no understanding of how it is supposed to work. So depressing. People really are fucking stupid.
The amount of them whose only comment was "I hate Eamonn Ryan, I hope he dies". Wouldn't be surprised if the entire thing was a disguised political ad.
I don't understand the uproar, most states in the the US have been doing this since I was a kid. Less litter, people make money off other people's laziness, and more gets recycled. It's all wins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back