Minor complaints thread (29 Viewers)

there's some amount of fuckery going on with price increases on soft drinks since the old stock got cleared off the shelves. 500ml bottles are regularly 2.25 + deposit when they used to be 1.85.

Also, back when the "sugar tax" came in, trays of regular coke/pepsi reduced in size to from 24 to 18 while Coke Zero/Pepsi Max stayed at 24. Since the re-turn thing started, the coke zeros and pepsi max trays are now only 18 cans. AND THE PRICES HAVE GONE UP.

Fanta is nazi orange. Like Puma is nazi sportswear.
Are they both German? I know Hugo Boss designed the SS uniform and Bayer owned the subsidiary that made zyklon b but were the guards at Auschwitz drinking tins of Fanta?

(Also, why anyone would buy Fanta when Club exists is beyond me.)

Are they both German? I know Hugo Boss designed the SS uniform and Bayer owned the subsidiary that made zyklon b but were the guards at Auschwitz drinking tins of Fanta?

(Also, why anyone would buy Fanta when Club exists is beyond me.)

Isn't Fanta what they were drinking to avoid drinking coke because lack of ingredients or something? Like Fanta is just a lot of shite without the coke ingredients.

Or something

Yes, Fanta is what they came up with when coca cola left the reich.
I wonder what the Russian equivalent of fanta is like.

Anyway, something has bitten me on the nose and it's seeping and gross. Bad for date night. Also, bad date night. It'll be grand in future, just not tonight. But here I am on Thumped.
Attention seeking ex didn't help. Big grrr going on

Isn't Fanta what they were drinking to avoid drinking coke because lack of ingredients or something? Like Fanta is just a lot of shite without the coke ingredients.

Or something
Yeah- fantastich
When they couldn’t import sugar/and make coke under licence anymore the guy who had the licence came up with the idea of piling loads of apple cores, orange peels etc, into the mix and dying it orange

I just heard possibly the worst song I've heard in years, on the radio. 'affirmation' by savage garden. It's like a bad parody of bad Christian pop.

I've been reminded of Lemon Tree, the annoying 1995 hit by Fools Garden. I wonder how, I wonder why Yesterday you told me 'bout the blue blue sky And all that I can see Is just a yellow lemon tree.

Will be curious to see if this bottle tax also leads to sales drop. I know I've stopped buying soft drinks since the price increase.

i tell you what's really grinding my gears though, most of the machines only recognise about a third of whatever bottles/cans I put in, and i just end up fucking them into the nearest hedge. FAIL

I can't think of any decent drinks sold in cans. It is all unnecessary unhealthy crap.

I only drink tap water at home.

I don't think i'm aquainted with anyone who is so in touch with what they need as opposed to what they want as you. (that's a compliment).

My setup is that my work is essentially a kinda speedrun situation with maybe 15 minutes downtime in the day, I have to keep a pace going the whole time or I'd be here all night. So I keep some sugar/water based canned drinks in my locker to offset when I start slumping after lunch. So what I need is a bit of sugar to keep me alert for the last two hours, but my wants have convinced me that It's that orange flavoured artificially sugared water in a can.

For the record I actually drink club.

and remember - that's the one they chose to release as a single. so it may well be the best one they had.
I remember their big hit...it wasn't "deeply dippy" but it was something like that. "I wanna stand with you on a mountain.. didppidy deeply doo " (paraphrasing here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back