Minor complaints thread (11 Viewers)

This is kind of my point though, the recycling issue has been pushed on to us by cunts making the products.
The government should have forced companies to stop selling products in plastic containers or any extraneous/ shit materials.
Instead here we are all paying more for things we are already recycling.
Dickheads

They tried it with the coffee cups a few years ago a man was nearly hung. It worked pretty well with the plastic bags because the only way to actually communicate with people is using money apparently.

The big business can always turn round and say there was plastic, glass and aluminum and society chose plastic.

I don't think the government is class or anything, i more think there is a problem with a defined timeframe so a method that has worked before (making things cost something) is probably the best route - beer drinkers can move back to glass, people drinking water and bullshit sugar water can either have a wee think or suck up the cost of their actions.

I feel you, Ernesto, man
We are creatures of habit, and any disruption does kinda suck. And it feels disempowering.
Like we don't have enough shit to deal with. Now another fucking thing to do.

But on the other side, it can (no pun intended!) sound like every time anyone tries to do anything for the environment, everyone inconvenienced screams about it being undemocratic and unworkable etc etc
Not saying you're saying that. But if we can't do these little things, we are utterly fucked for the big things.
We are utterly fucked

Also I agree with you @ernesto that the proper way to do this is the government telling a few mulitnationals and few regional water bottlers to fuck off. To me that is the actualy solution. I don't disagree that 66% of the govt leaders would rather piss in their own mouth than stand up to any multinational, I do think 33% of govt leaders (that you detest) have to do either something with the hand they've been played or do nothing.

Also I agree with you @ernesto that the proper way to do this is the government telling a few mulitnationals and few regional water bottlers to fuck off. To me that is the actualy solution.
Agreed

Polluter should pay

Maybe we get there some day

I don't understand why the credit slips have to be spent in the shop you recycle the cans/bottles at. It's a big fuck you to smaller shops. And all those cans that are bought by people just out and about aren't making it home unscathed.

I wonder how many people will just say fuck this and throw the can?
I know a number of people will just stop buying in the first place,but it's going to limit it's success.

I've been stockpiling my cans to be honest.
Gonna hook up with a dealer for my favourite beer in glass form soon.
After that it's just about 7 cans of nazi orange a week to deal with.

If nobody bought stupid plastic bottles nobody would make them - culpability lies in 'the market' as much as the manufacturer in terms of who 'the polluter' is.
I think most people buy what's in front of them, or what is most convenient

Very few people hate plastic enough to go to a place that sells detergent into refillable containers
The way most people will use plastic bags if given the choice

If you stop making the containers, people will definitely stop buying them.

And if you force P&G to collect their plastic containers, they will work on a solution soon enough.

Maybe?
I dunno.
Don't care enough anymore. I'll be dead in 20+ years or sooner. The world will go on without me.

Very few people hate plastic enough to go to a place that sells detergent into refillable containers

yes - thats what i'm saying - there have been decades of gently trying to ask people to make these choices themselves - so we are down to financial intervention now.

Detergent is available in cardboard and plastic containers in most places for the record.

yes - thats what i'm saying - there have been decades of gently trying to ask people to make these choices themselves - so we are down to financial intervention now.

Detergent is available in cardboard and plastic containers in most places for the record.
I didn't even know that?

They sell the liquid stuff in cardboard?

If you stop making the containers, people will definitely stop buying them.

And if you force P&G to collect their plastic containers, they will work on a solution soon enough.

Maybe?
I dunno.
Don't care enough anymore. I'll be dead in 20+ years or sooner. The world will go on without me.

( We are those type of losers that go to the local Eco shop and refill containers we already own. )

I had already changed my beer preferences to buying in cans instead of glass Bottles because glass
Is heavier to carry. Fuck that, I am reversing that decision

Also going to get some sort of soda stream type thing for fizzy water (the amount of plastic bottles we go through is fucking dosgraceful) that isn't made in Isreal

drone deliveries.

my brother has signed up for the pilot scheme operating out of a place at the blanchardstown centre. i'd shoot the fucking things out of the sky if i could.

It's a load of bullshit in any case.

Limited by battery size and vehicle size ratio - cant really land as such - I'm pretty sure they are really hoping to sell that company off to some cali dickheads who want a pizza to materialize on their lap like when they were teens at home.

( We are those type of losers that go to the local Eco shop and refill containers we already own. )

I have the same washing up liquid bottle for over three years, same toilet cleaner one, surfaces sprays, window cleaners, olive oil, meusli, pasta and a few other things - then UTM lands back from supervalu with 2kg of plastic containing 200g of food. It's a weekly reminder of scope/scale etc HOWEVER I'm very much a believer in my own actions being my own fault.

It's a load of bullshit in any case.

Limited by battery size and vehicle size ratio - cant really land as such - I'm pretty sure they are really hoping to sell that company off to some cali dickheads who want a pizza to materialize on their lap like when they were teens at home.
we've got this taxpayer funded infrastructure to facilitate the movement of goods and people, but it's not enough for someone who wants to eke a few more euro out of their business by removing a human delivery driver.
i live on a very busy road as it is. but now instead of having to deal with deliveries being made to my neighbours via the road in front of my house, those fuckers want to claim the airspace over the back of it too.

drone deliveries.

my brother has signed up for the pilot scheme operating out of a place at the blanchardstown centre. i'd shoot the fucking things out of the sky if i could.
got the flier in the door. thought "this might be a laugh" and went to sign up. To register as an early adopter person you need to give them access to your phone's location data ALL THE TIME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back