Minor complaints thread (11 Viewers)

we get flushable cat litter, so to be safe i usually pour it in at the manhole just inside the end of our driveway (and it's a proper sized manhole, probably at least two foot square). problem was my wife had emptied the cat litter tray and didn't warn me there were empty food sachets in the bag.

years ago they made a fuss of announcing they weren't going to block social media here. but a couple of years ago, the interim chocolate teapot CTSO decided to block twitter.

Gmail is blocked at work. FFS. Yet, I can access here and the rest of the Internet. How does that make sense?
We used to block all webmail access because nobody should be using those services for official business and what do you think we’re running here, an internet café?

I've been here a month and seen my boss a total of 15 minutes, she only comes in one day a week. I onboarded myself, which was a nightmare trying to figure out the right people to get things like access to view my time clock. I can come and go when I please, more or less. It's a very independent job, as in, I just do my work (which will never end) and go home, come in and repeat. The two others in my office are actually present in it... maybe 25% of the working week. There are absolutely no stats to be given to determine or gauge productivity. I was told (by a co-worker in another department) that the woman before me would watch Netflix on her phone all day. I should be happy as I could do this job with my eyes closed but the overachiever in me is annoyed.

All this and I can't access my gmail!?

I don't like my job often. I don't miss office work though. Can't you just look at gmail with your phone?

Yes, technically, but harder to do what I'd like to do with it on my phone. I will figure out a work around. I'm just being bitter at the ridiculousness of it.
Is it just the case of:
Compose personal emails on work system then send to gmail on phone and copy/paste in gmail on phone to personal recipient?

Is it just the case of:
Compose personal emails on work system then send to gmail on phone and copy/paste in gmail on phone to personal recipient?
No. It’s more of gmail as storage. I’m working on something and it’s just easier in one space than sending things back and forth to myself. I should be doing it at home and not work anyway but if everyone else is fucking about at work, I could spend my time on my project. I’m just being grumpy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back