Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

I bought one of those LG tvs, on thumped's recommendation, without doing any further research, and now I can't find the Channel 4 app.

I'm sitting at home on the bank holiday writing sentences like this in the bullshit sections of a grant template:

''Our project approach also is focused on the development of human capital, both at the level of individuals through secondments and networking, but also through strengthening the exchange of skills, knowledge and best practices between organisations within and beyond Europe, both within our initial consortium, and through the larger community of practice we seek to create.''

Sounds like chatgpt would be your friend.

It's a strange mixture of vague bullshit peppered with very specific and well integrated details and cross references.
The actual more technical parts of the grant are more precise (in general - probably less so than should be in this grant, which will probably go in half baked)
where's grantBot when I need it?

I'm sitting at home on the bank holiday writing sentences like this in the bullshit sections of a grant template:

''Our project approach also is focused on the development of human capital, both at the level of individuals through secondments and networking, but also through strengthening the exchange of skills, knowledge and best practices between organisations within and beyond Europe, both within our initial consortium, and through the larger community of practice we seek to create.''

lost consciousness half way through that sentence, once the comma count got into the double digits.

lost consciousness half way through that sentence, once the comma count got into the double digits.

our new paradigm of functional, effective, timely and most importantly, here now, systems and procedures will become, we hope, the best producer of comma's within the current ecosystem.

I'm watching the doctor who Christmas special....was never a fan, but at least the older series had a certain cheapo charm to them, this is just awful box ticking shite with terrible stories and acting.

Public transport would need to be improved drastically inside and around the entire M50 for that kind of thinkin
And made cheaper too. While the €2 90-minute fare is good for people moving between services, the cost of going as a family to do small journeys outside the city centre is prohibitive versus just driving there and parking for free. I could do an awful lot of weekend commuting with the kids on the luas and take a car off the road, but I don’t want to spend €20 or so over the day for the privilege of inconvenience.

our new paradigm of functional, effective, timely and most importantly, here now, systems and procedures will become, we hope, the best producer of comma's within the current ecosystem.
Errant apostrophe!

My car costs 13eu a day and it's on the cheaper end of car ownership (it's paid off and it didn't cost much to start with).

Contextualising car costs

The average cost of running a family car for a year is €10,691.12 according to the AA's annual survey of motoring costs. The total is an increase of approximately €20 on the same figure for last year, according to the AA's calculations. Click here to read more. - Source AA roadwatch website.

The average Irish car owner is spending 29eu per day on the car.

that includes a flat €4100 on 'garage/parking/misc expenses' which is their 'we'll invent a category to allow us to empty a load of bullshit into our estimate to bump it up massively'.

it's in the AA's interests to help motorists feel like victims.

that includes a flat €4100 on 'garage/parking/misc expenses' which is their 'we'll invent a category to allow us to empty a load of bullshit into our estimate to bump it up massively'.

it's in the AA's interests to help motorists feel like victims.

Have you never taken your car to a garage, or put fuel in it though or paid a toll road or parking spot? The operationals are I think what they are confusingly address there. I know from my own car CSI those things are about 4g a year for me. It's badly laid out but is reflecting reality

that €4100 can't include fuel - because according to the next table down, the fuel costs differ across the bands, so that catehory would need to reflect that.
and you can be guaranteed that a car that depreciates at over €8k per annum is a lot more expensive to maintain than one that depreciates at less than €1.5k p.a. (also reflected further down).

my assumption is the first table is how much the car costs without including fuel and consumables.

Last edited:
my assumption is the first table is how much the car costs without including fuel and consumables.

Nah you can't cost a car without considering those, i think the following tables show such a variation across different usage cases that that all they could do was copypaste an average in that sums up those things

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back