Minor complaints thread (22 Viewers)

How far up the road? Supposedly you need at least 2km, or they find their way back
about 300 meters, theres a ditch there that I've seen mice in before. If they come back I'm going for the death traps. Little fuckers.

Those traps are great though. They seem flimsy as hell but they trapped the little buggers 3 times (the first one escaped but I'm sure I caught him since).

Theres been no activity in there (bathroom, cos the floorboards were taken out), since saturday afternoon. Not sure when the new floorboards are going down, but the traps stay until then.

Grocery shopping on saturday then we'd to go to belfast on sunday so stopped off in newry for multiples of the various things whose savings made it worth it. We should see the benefit for a few shops to come but holy moly two "big shops" in a weekend. yikes.

humane mouse traps are twice as expensive as the killer ones. but I forked out anyway.

I checked just now and the trap had triggered. I checked it because I thought maybe the breeze blew it over. when I checked the little fucker broke free and escaped back into the wall.
Can you share the type of trap you used?

Mice are never trapped under floor boards or anything made of wood. They can follow wires and fit through the tiniest holes. They're amazingly agile fuckers.

Grocery shopping on saturday then we'd to go to belfast on sunday so stopped off in newry for multiples of the various things whose savings made it worth it. We should see the benefit for a few shops to come but holy moly two "big shops" in a weekend. yikes.

Related - Going up to airside retail park latish on a sunday afternoon.
=Foolish
Brining a 5 year old
=The height of folly

Can you share the type of trap you used?
sure, it was these ones

You get 2 for 8 euro. I bought 6 in total. You put a smidge of peanut butter at one end, open the door and balance it, then when they run in for the PB, the trap flips and the door closes behind them.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 15.13.35.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-29 at 15.13.35.png
    422.7 KB · Views: 0
sure, it was these ones

You get 2 for 8 euro. I bought 6 in total. You put a smidge of peanut butter at one end, open the door and balance it, then when they run in for the PB, the trap flips and the door closes behind them.
Fair play, I've never had success with one of those

Big fan of the bucket top ones

If you feel like going down a rabbit hole/mouse hole, this guy is all about catching rodents

Fair play, I've never had success with one of those

Big fan of the bucket top ones

If you feel like going down a rabbit hole/mouse hole, this guy is all about catching rodents

I think it was because they come out of the same spot in the wall. I got the tip from the plumber when he was here last week. He was doing stuff in there and saw the mouse fly out of the hotpress and into the wall. I set the traps up just outside the spot where it went into the wall.

I'd have felt terrible killing the little shits.

all this mousetrap talk, reminds me of a cat we once had.

now this cat was harmless in the extreme, and only once did the 'giving you a maimed dead animal as a gift' thing - which was a dead mouse in a mousetrap!
I'd buy a cat if the cat place would guarantee me a mouser

Housemates was doing food. He is a very good cook.asks "have you seen the cheese grater?"
No, but I've seen the cheese worser!!!!!!

And then he went "That's our seanc!" And we stood completely still while the credits rolled. To the tune of some American sax shite.

Housemates was doing food. He is a very good cook.asks "have you seen the cheese grater?"
No, but I've seen the cheese worser!!!!!!

And then he went "That's our seanc!" And we stood completely still while the credits rolled. To the tune of some American sax shite.
“Classic Seanc” surely?

In my experience, that feeling generally passes the longer a hunt goes on - even among my most vegany friends.
Your mileage may vary.
yeah - If I had a few mice in my place I would just want them gone. Big mistake coming inside as they are likely to starve. Unfortunately it is hard to get them out alive.
Main reason I am vegan is cause it's environmentally sound. Any other reasons don't come into it much for a long time.

my boss was trying to arrange a promotion for me in work. he's been told that if he wants to do that, that he has to advertise the role; so he can't just promote me.
and that further to that, if a 'diversity candidate' applies, they would be considered a de facto choice unless he convinces them otherwise.

my boss was trying to arrange a promotion for me in work. he's been told that if he wants to do that, that he has to advertise the role; so he can't just promote me.
and that further to that, if a 'diversity candidate' applies, they would be considered a de facto choice unless he convinces them otherwise.
That’s painful.

Today I grabbed the Tupperware with the leftover curry that I was looking forward to having for my lunch today. Took it out of my bag to microwave it and found that my wife put an identical box in the fridge with excess white sauce from making lasagne the other night. I’m now waiting on an overpriced sandwich that apparently is being made in slow motion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back