Minor complaints thread (23 Viewers)

two reasons.

The guitar amp boosts frequencies that suit guitar by design, even a flat eq on a guitar amp wont really be totally flat, so the probability of getting howlaround/feedback is much higher. PA/Busker mic inputs are designed to be pretty flat in eq.

the input on that guitar amp will need a lot of extra gain to bring a microphone to an audible level, so you'll be operating with the whole system turned up to 9/10 which i'm sure you know from axe grinding is brilliant for getting good feedback.

I know enough about him to know he stirs up shit and is a wanker.

There's been plenty of people on Thumped who stir up shit.

I'd like to think he's someone who takes in the Trump voting types, or riotous racist Irish types who pay his wages, and then maybe edges them away from the echo chamber they exist in. I don't think he's doing the far right style book of internetting. His goals are a bit more commercial than that. As in, if he can get Obama in, great numbers, that's it. If he gets an endless stream of UFC guys in, less good numbers, but solid numbers.

But yeah, he's all in all a bit of a bore. When he has an interesting guest, all he has to do is just let that interviewee talk mostly. That's probably harder than it sounds. And he still gets his numbers.

**i think this one magically changed from mcgregor to rogan** no worries.

Anywhoo he definitely to his fans is a bar buddy type figure. I think he was cancelled for a while mid lockdown for anti vax stuff but that didn't mean shit to his fanbase, it was more people who'd not really care about him in the first place tweeting about him a lot.

Sorry about that.

In other news, Google maps has told me that the best way to get to Gatwick tomorrow is via Reading. My flight is at 08:30-ish, I thought it would be so easy, that's not too early. But no. A minor complaint since I thought something would go wrong.

Edit: it would normally take about 75 minutes and not involve a tri-county jamboree.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231208-193126.png
    Screenshot_20231208-193126.png
    536.9 KB · Views: 0
Sorry about that.

In other news, Google maps has told me that the best way to get to Gatwick tomorrow is via Reading. My flight is at 08:30-ish, I thought it would be so easy, that's not too early. But no. A minor complaint since I thought something would go wrong.

Edit: it would normally take about 75 minutes and not involve a tri-county jamboree.

Is there some huge event i'm wildly unaware of thats causing this?

A bit of a train strike.

Rolling strikes amongst different unions. Drivers one day, station staff the next etc
I'm not sure how effective it is, there's always some form of public transport, but I like their organisation. Pain in the arse for me, but it's ok. I do expend a lot of energy frustratedly explaining the Why to my colleagues.

the ignominy of trying the 'scan as you shop' system in tesco for the second time ever, and being selected for a random check - and discovering you'd forgotten to scan a packet of loo roll. we're going to be on tesco's system as loo roll thieves for ever onwards.

not having much luck in tesco at the moment...

A bit of a train strike.

Rolling strikes amongst different unions. Drivers one day, station staff the next etc
I'm not sure how effective it is, there's always some form of public transport, but I like their organisation. Pain in the arse for me, but it's ok. I do expend a lot of energy frustratedly explaining the Why to my colleagues.

I'd forgotten about them. Sunak doing a good job of keeping that story in england.

Well he's in an internal Tory fight about Johnson era fuckery in general. This is exactly what the Tories have been doing for a decade. Most importantly, it's a dicussion about them. Measure public opinion, if the public hate it, oust Rishi who already has his oil contracts sign and bring in the next prick, if the public love it then Rishi 2.0.

This is much better than talking about how they've destroyed probably one of the best transport networks on earth.

I think you're giving too much credit to Sunak there. He literally doesn't care, it's the Mayor of London's problem. Even if it is a nationwide strike.

I would have a broader view of what those unions want. When my lads are late because of strikes etc they're like "oh, fuck those union guys they get paid loads for doing fuck all" etc etc. Well, I say, why don't we?

Users who are viewing this thread

• ernesto
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back