Minor complaints thread (31 Viewers)

Getting the bathroom renovated so experiencing all sorts of inconveniences. While they're working on it I need to lock the cat in the conservatory (which he hates) and the dogs in the kitchen (which they hate).
We have to shower in our neighbour's house- they kindly offered the use of their house while they are away for a few weeks. If i need a shit during working hours I have to go over there too.

Every day seems to being a change from the original plan. If I didnt know better I would suspect that this cash in hand local builder was winging it. This is week two and it looks like it won't be finished until next week.
i've moved out of the house for two weeks for the wiring. gonna go stir crazy i reckon. most of my usual ways of entertaining myself are packed away or inaccessible.

The kitchen roof leak hasn't gone away. I might go up and put plastic sheeting on it tomorrow. At least there is a bucket of fresh rainwater in the kitchen for the dog

You get a bucket of it in the builders providers.
Go up on the roof and look for the leak ..employing your powers of deduction.
Apply mastic liberally to said leak.
Relax

This is strictly a flat roof remedy
Sounds good. It's a flat roof and it's pretty obvious where the leak is. thanks!

Don't mention it

Also use some application implement that you are happy to just fuck in the bin afterwards ..a cheap scraper for instance

You get a bucket of it in the builders providers.
Go up on the roof and look for the leak ..employing your powers of deduction.
Apply mastic liberally to said leak.
Relax

This is strictly a flat roof remedy
That's brilliant

You don't have to heat this gear up or anything?

Bituminous Paint is also pretty common on boats, which, you know, see a lot of water. We've got a 20l can of it here somewhere. It ain't too pleasant to work with. I'd use a respirator and eye protection, but you'll be outside on a flat roof facing down rather than underneath a boat facing up.* Wrecked me good pair of Snickers with that stuff.

At least you don't have to be too neat with it, slap it on there.

*The boat was in dry dock, before you get any notions of my skills.

just waiting on a dry day now
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back