Minor complaints thread (14 Viewers)

Tune in on TV.

My main pitch for getting double pay, even though I personally did fuck all but drink tea and eat pizza most of the time*; is that my colleague upstairs on the 'puters was run ragged by having to do shit that wasn't her job.
I think I earned my keep by simply being her support/stop her punching everything. I'm much cheaper and nicer than a psychologist.

Seriously, she was asked to do too much, and she's not used to this shit. As in, she often goes above and beyond, but she had never met people who say things like "why can't you redo everything we sent you, three hours into filming?"

So she ranted at me and didn't walk off. And now I am ranting at yee.
And I have not slept.

*There was originally stuff for me to do, but fuckups meant I just ended up sitting in the canteen. It was still a long shift though.

I do and I work a job that’s mad hours but we can’t get around the fact that people need to sleep. Do you frequently get five hours tagged on to the end of your working day?
Na, it usually happens in the middle of the working day, after the early shift and before the late shift, so that you don't have a chance of getting any rest in between.

I know lots of people who work in labs and they're basically on teh schedule of the microbes or cultures or whatever they're working on

I wouldn't love it

Why do ye need to do mad hours in your job @Cornu Ammonis ?

I don't think I've worked an hour over the 40-per-week in 10 years
Science doesn’t care for a working week. If something needs doing at 6am or at 9pm or if it’s a Sunday or whatever, it just gets done.

There was a point when I was doing an experiment that required me to be in the lab at 6am and 6pm everyday (including weekends) for about four months. I was working the regular working day in between on the weekdays. It nearly killed me.

Here’s a weird one - I hate how Australians give animals familiar nicknames like they’re all connected to the wilderness - roos and chucks and all this bollocks. I heard a woman today more than once refer to orangutans as “orangs” as if she hangs out with them regularly in Borneo. Dickheads.

Here’s a weird one - I hate how Australians give animals familiar nicknames like they’re all connected to the wilderness - roos and chucks and all this bollocks. I heard a woman today more than once refer to orangutans as “orangs” as if she hangs out with them regularly in Borneo. Dickheads.

There is an Australia thread.
They're an unpretentious bunch. Despite their linguistic quirks, as a country they make more of an effort at looking after their wilderness than anyone over here today. Mining notwithstanding.
But ask her what she thinks of the Abo's.

There is an Australia thread.
They're an unpretentious bunch. Despite their linguistic quirks, as a country they make more of an effort at looking after their wilderness than anyone over here today. Mining notwithstanding.
But ask her what she thinks of the Abo's.
Another minor complaint is people saying posts should be in other threads.

Australia has amongst the highest per capita carbon emissions on earth. Give me a break.

Getting the bathroom renovated so experiencing all sorts of inconveniences. While they're working on it I need to lock the cat in the conservatory (which he hates) and the dogs in the kitchen (which they hate).
We have to shower in our neighbour's house- they kindly offered the use of their house while they are away for a few weeks. If i need a shit during working hours I have to go over there too.

Every day seems to being a change from the original plan. If I didnt know better I would suspect that this cash in hand local builder was winging it. This is week two and it looks like it won't be finished until next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back