Minor complaints thread (24 Viewers)

It was all piercings and body modifications in my day

Everyone I knew had something done, I even lived with piercers and tattooists.

I remember some sort of piercing seemed mandatory in The Foggy Dew at the time.

One night a couple were kissing and got their tongue piercings entangled. good times.

Another time a random guy stopped me and a friend on O'Connell St. to help him fix his tongue piercing.

I can't imagine that happening today.

jumpers for goals posts, cock and labia rings, nipple bars and ear gauges

kids today wouldn't understand

Microwave popcorn at home is not worth it.

I apologise to anyone who has ever had to clean a cinema.

Fucking vodafone

A couple of months ago I had a guy out to renew my contract as my special offer was coming to an end.
He didn't process it properly so I started getting billed for stuff I didn't sign up for.
I called them and after much wrangling got my original contract renewed with a downgrade to remove stuff like the landline.
Today I find I have no service. I'm guessing I've been cut off because they inadvertently stopped my direct debit.
All this after being assured there would be no interruption in service.

Areyou gonna become that guy I hate from youtube?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That LC - the 80s one is the real holy grail
But even I am not that dumb - they scream maintenance costs.
And also, for road trips, I want to listen to good sounds. Those 80s yokes are noisy AF.

carrera 4.
Those back seats are basically storage

Something I was reading last night about them
rear bench seats are best thought of as accessible stowage, i.e., not human rated,

Have you considered having a personality instead of a car? (Directed at car dickheads, not you personally)

My personality right now is about 75% running and upcoming races etc, and trying to fill the rest with gratitude, love and kindness (which is harder than running)

The car is more to reward myself for hitting some marks.
It will be hard to make a personality impact when I only use it once per month.

But it would be nice to roll up on a date in something other than a van.

My personality right now is about 75% running and upcoming races etc, and trying to fill the rest with gratitude, love and kindness (which is harder than running)

The car is more to reward myself for hitting some marks.
It will be hard to make a personality impact when I only use it once per month.

But it would be nice to roll up on a date in something other than a van.

Pffff vans are class

I know a lot of people put value in that kinda thing but i'd not last long with anyone who had an outlook on life which rated me on my possessions. IMHO.

I get where you're coming from totally

I just have a few spots in my life where I'd like to have something nicer.
Decent car that will play decent sounds for me and a passenger on a long road trip while keeping us in comfort.
I'm conscious of anything which signifies "this guy might not have his shit together"
A van is super fun when your lady needs a couch moved. Having a Selwyn Froggitt van is not gonna help me otherwise.

It's not that you need to have the most expensive of the best brands or anything, but more that you have put some thought and care into the things that you do fill your life with.
A €1,000 kitchen table that you spent a day going through furniture shops for, or a €5 one that you spent two weekends restoring are almost the same thing.
Insofar as you care about how you live your life. And that is a signifier that you will care for the people in your life.
Women will pick up on this stuff. And I love women.

All very well for you married and partnered up folks. I'm still out here in the trenches, drafting in the very late rounds.

I get where you're coming from totally

I just have a few spots in my life where I'd like to have something nicer.
Decent car that will play decent sounds for me and a passenger on a long road trip while keeping us in comfort.
I'm conscious of anything which signifies "this guy might not have his shit together"
A van is super fun when your lady needs a couch moved. Having a Selwyn Froggitt van is not gonna help me otherwise.

It's not that you need to have the most expensive of the best brands or anything, but more that you have put some thought and care into the things that you do fill your life with.
A €1,000 kitchen table that you spent a day going through furniture shops for, or a €5 one that you spent two weekends restoring are almost the same thing.
Insofar as you care about how you live your life. And that is a signifier that you will care for the people in your life.
Women will pick up on this stuff. And I love women.

All very well for you married and partnered up folks. I'm still out here in the trenches, drafting in the very late rounds.

If it's only for occasional use, buy a restored classic and upgrade the sound system

i just don't 'get' the obsession with owning a good car; and i know plenty who do have it. my BIL is on his third porsche (and does things like replace the lights for €1.2k so they're the more modern looking versions - they're not 'better' lights, they just looks slightly different in the daylight). my FIL just spent about 120k on a new car.
several times i have heard friends of my parents in law saying to themselves, or each other 'get the new car, you deserve it', and this always pops into my head.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If it's only for occasional use, buy a restored classic and upgrade the sound system
Definitey would consider that
As long as road noise wasn't a problem

Don't want to be an old dude driving an old car either though

Possibly overthinking this.

Definitey would consider that
As long as road noise wasn't a problem

Don't want to be an old dude driving an old car either though

Possibly overthinking this.

I'm not sure I understand why driving an old car is a problem if you're older?

How about a car the same age as you?

And road noise is easily eliminated with a days diy and some butyl material

Like holy fuck this is one of the nicest cars BMW has ever produced. Definitely top 5

BMW 635 CSI for sale in Co. Dublin for €23,500 on DoneDeal
BMW 635 CSI

I'm not sure I understand why driving an old car is a problem if you're older?

How about a car the same age as you?

And road noise is easily eliminated with a days diy and some butyl material

Like holy fuck this is one of the nicest cars BMW has ever produced. Definitely top 5

BMW 635 CSI for sale in Co. Dublin for €23,500 on DoneDeal
BMW 635 CSI

This is pretty gorgeous for a 90s BMW as well

1991 E32 BMW 735i SE 52k miles LSD for sale in Co. Donegal for €14,750 on DoneDeal
1991 E32 BMW 735i SE 52k miles LSD

1980s mint S Class (w126)

Mercedes-Benz 380SE
Mercedes-Benz 380SE with just 16,700 Miles

Or less boxy 1960s Merc. Elegance

Mercedes-Benz Other
Mercedes W108 280 SE

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back