Minor complaints thread (7 Viewers)

my mouth tastes like something died in there.

have heard of three cases of covid this evening (none i'd have been exposed to, though), maybe i do have covid even though i tested negative.
I was finally feeling human again weds or Thurs of last week. Went out for a shortish spin on the bike (28km) on Monday just gone, got back feeling good, thinking I hadn't lost as much fitness as I'd feared. Weds morning, feeling slightly iffy, decided to repeat that spin to blow the cobwebs away. Felt it this time though and by Thurs was flattened again. Still recovering.

I have a deal with the local off licence, I get a slab of cans, pay cash and leave.
I leave this slab in the wheelhouse.

Housemate messages me this morning with I drank a couple of your beers last night. I go upstairs and He drank 11 beers. Eleven! That's not a couple.

I got my drinking issues, but this guy usually doesn't drink at all, it sends him totally wild doolally. And here he is like "oh cool bro, I'll replace them, it's well good".

I'm not so worried about the booze, moreso him falling into a misery pit of addiction. It is not well good. He just broke up with his missus, who has moved out and was the best thing about this gaff.

5% Tyskie.he replaced it with Budvar for some reason. Cool, but don't drink my beer in the first place.

I've also noticed he's helped himself to my Gillette Mach 3 mega turbo razor blades and my CK1.

11 at 5% would be well out of my range. If it's some 3.8% stuff it's barely drinking.

Yeah, I can do that, but most people can't, nor should they. This guy though, for someone who doesn't drink, when he does drink, he fucking drinks. I assume he's supplementing it with something. Which I guess then causes further issues.

Cotton clothes - fuck them to hell. I saw a lovely shirt in TK Maxx today and tried it on and it was just right but I checked the label and it said 50% cotton so I didn't buy it, instead I got another one with a label saying The Corduroy Company which felt a bit like corduroy and was nice. I looked at the label when I got home and it says 100% cotton which for me basically means wear once and throw away as I lack the skills to care for this stupid fabric.

Cotton clothes - fuck them to hell. I saw a lovely shirt in TK Maxx today and tried it on and it was just right but I checked the label and it said 50% cotton so I didn't buy it, instead I got another one with a label saying The Corduroy Company which felt a bit like corduroy and was nice. I looked at the label when I got home and it says 100% cotton which for me basically means wear once and throw away as I lack the skills to care for this stupid fabric.
Have you tried a washing machine?

A lot to take in here.
Why such an issue with cotton? Slavery did destroy the flax industry in the North of Ireland.

Beerwise, 500ml. It does involve a lot of pissing, but for me it might be 11 beers over 11 hours. Not saying it's good or healthy mind.

Jesus Christ, 11 beers at any strength is madness. Even from a volume perspective that’s over three and a half litres of fluid if they’re 330 ml bottles.

In vague terms, beers around 3.9% are brewed so you can drink them all day without really getting drunk. Like for example if your day involved going to the pub all day every day to watch horse racing or something, thats why tap beers are generally in that pointless zone. Once they hit about 4.5 the drinking to getting drunker rate isn't great for the bar accounts because people piss off home or want chips instead of ten more pints.

I'm a 4 beer guy these days myself.
A lot of craft beers are too strong IMHO.

I’m actually falling asleep after three beers. Two I can still function but generally I prefer one strong beer versus 2-3 weaker beers. But I’d be in an ambulance if I drank the amounts you guys are talking about.

I have no real desire to drink anymore. A good bit has to do with working in a pub for years and all the shit you see.
I’m a binge drinker so I won’t have any for 2 years or so, but then have a night when I want to get trashed and take everyone else down with me. The last bad one was probably in Hamburg with hives and we ended pissed drunk with me trying to befriend a load of strangers in the red light district. Karaoke was involved at one stage and more vomit than is humanly possible. I’m not sure how she got us out of there, but she did. We were going to see Wolf Parade the next day and people came over to us at the gig to see if we were ok.
I’m also pretty sure I drunk messaged the band too.

In vague terms, beers around 3.9% are brewed so you can drink them all day without really getting drunk. Like for example if your day involved going to the pub all day every day to watch horse racing or something, thats why tap beers are generally in that pointless zone. Once they hit about 4.5 the drinking to getting drunker rate isn't great for the bar accounts because people piss off home or want chips instead of ten more pints.

I'm a 4 beer guy these days myself.
A lot of craft beers are too strong IMHO.

3 beers in the 4.5-6.5% range is my weekend indulgence. Stray outside that and I’m in potential hangover territory. I had 4 last night and woke up with a headache this morning.

There are mates I’ve avoided meeting up with who still drink like I did in my early 30s, simply because I’d be in a pool or tears and vomit by the time they’d be hitting their stride..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back