Minor complaints thread (4 Viewers)

That's why I like the two bottles of 7.2%. It's equivalent to 3 bottles of 4.8% so is Goldilocks for me. Usually takes me up to two hours to drink them, not something you'd neck.

Is a bottle of beer considered "a beer"? They're smaller than cans, like.
I routinely split a 20 box two ways when I'm having "a drink."

The was defo a point in lockdown where ten* cans would have a been a Saturday night thing, but also in the 6 days in between the healthiest eat/sleep/exercise level I've probably ever been at

*Cans / shots combo

Are they girly normal strength or hipster craft strength
Regular, although I am beginning to see, or feel the benefits of lower alcohol beer like Molson. A couple of hours talking shite and getting a buzz on, and still being able to function the next day is a good thing.

Yeah, I can do that, but most people can't, nor should they. This guy though, for someone who doesn't drink, when he does drink, he fucking drinks. I assume he's supplementing it with something. Which I guess then causes further issues.

I've never quite figured out why, but 11 cans over the course of say 9 hours is doable without me doing anything drunk. Whereas ten pints in a pub would be dangerous anqd impossible. Usually I just fall asleep. A couple of times I've fallen over. Invariably I'll talk shite. But never anything that has made me really want to change my ways.
But matey boy here has done things like cheating on the missus, fighting, disappearing in a medium sized town for three days and being found naked in a football dugout. That sort of thing.

Also for me, just beers. No 9% business, no shots. I like to keep it predictable.

My drinking habits vary when I'm out - depends on who I'm with, the weather, what are the alcoholic drink options and what I have on the next day.
99% time I'm drinking beer. Starting to veer towards trying to stick to Guinness when out and keep it as hangover less as possible. But yeah could change if they have a nice ipa and it's hot out

Ordinarily at home on Friday night I might have 2-3 strong/ish beers 440ml

Or up to 4 small 330ml cans 5/6%

Or a few G&Ts if I've had a substantial meal in place of beer

Guinness gives me banging hangovers. No one here understands the phrase "gee-eyed". It's always fun to explain. And the farts! I like it a lot, but I'd need at least one full day off after.

For the same reason I avoid all the fancy ales usually.

Etc. Etc.

Further to this, skipper wheeled himself into the living room there and gets right up close to me. He wasn't angry or anything, but he asks "seriously, how much did you drink last night?"
"That wasn't me".
"It sounded just like you" as in, the stompiness of the drunken plodding.
"Nope not me. I watched half of MOTD and fell asleep ".
Then I told him what I told you. "How many beers?!" The living room was a wreck of takeaway boxes.

So now, I'm going to have to hide my beers in my room, which I don't like. We're going to have to have a word with matey. And while we were at it, we're gonna do some welding on the gangplank.

It's good to have these chats. I've clearly given myself a reputation, so at least I had a chance to clear my name this time. And then other useful stuff happened.

Further to THIS, I think matey is at the end of his bender. He did knock on my door at about 7am asking for a beer. I gave him a beer. Not the best mental health work I've ever done, but I asked "Are you alright mate?"
"I'm getting there"
"Well, fucking get there".

A couple of hours later other housemate says "if he asks for a beer, don't give it to him".
I had to ask "what the fuck have you two been up to?"
"Oh, well, we just drank for four days ".
"FFS. Fine. Do you know where the TV remote is at least?"
"Oh, let me ask him, it might be in his room".
"Why?"

Gee-eyed the pair of them.

It did affect everyone else's mood. And no TV remote.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I have never drunk more than 5 beers in one night

I would take it that I need to be able to drink like that, for professional reasons, but not to make a habit of it. Genuinely, it's taken a lot of training.

I honestly can't tell if I've failed or succeeded.

The babas are having a big old sleepy now. Maybe I should cook them a stew or something. I have managed to do some shit I need to do, now that they've fucked off to leaba. Adulting is hard. Adulting adults is hard. They're like teenagers who can knock you out.

It was so nice having a few (3-5) NEIPAs of a Friday, Saturday, Sunday during lockdown to mark the weekends. With a big bag of tesco doritos. STAY INSIDE plastered all over the TV.

Hard habit to break.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back