Minor complaints thread (8 Viewers)

I once drank from when a bar opened at 11am (brunch before a sporting event) and then all over town with various friends til when the last pub closed at 1am
I was amped and partied but not too messy. I didn't even think that was weird. To do that. Just part of the life.

I'll never get that day or that money back.

Anyways, actual complaint.
Every month I get a notification that I have a message from Pete and I think someting important has happened. Except it's just the User Upgrade auto message :-(

All anyone wants to be is noticed and appreciated.

Further to THIS.

And indeed, FURTHER. TO. THIS.

I noticed an ambulance outside the yard. The door was open, and there was matey boy on the stretcher. "Dude! Are you ok?!"
No, he said.
Evidently not, he's in the back of an ambulance. Go me.

Other housemate pops out so I ask, the fuck is going on here? "yeah I'll talk to you later".

He jumped in the ambulance with himself and they left.

Don't really know what else I could've done. I'm guessing it's alcohol poisoning, rather than a drunken fall or whatever.

But fuck, even my mental health professional friends are almost impressed by this level of disasterification.

Further to THIS, I think matey is at the end of his bender. He did knock on my door at about 7am asking for a beer. I gave him a beer. Not the best mental health work I've ever done, but I asked "Are you alright mate?"
"I'm getting there"
"Well, fucking get there".

A couple of hours later other housemate says "if he asks for a beer, don't give it to him".
I had to ask "what the fuck have you two been up to?"
"Oh, well, we just drank for four days ".
"FFS. Fine. Do you know where the TV remote is at least?"
"Oh, let me ask him, it might be in his room".
"Why?"

Gee-eyed the pair of them.

It did affect everyone else's mood. And no TV remote.
[/QUOTE]
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I once drank from when a bar opened at 11am (brunch before a sporting event) and then all over town with various friends til when the last pub closed at 1am
I was amped and partied but not too messy. I didn't even think that was weird. To do that. Just part of the life.

I'll never get that day or that money back.

Anyways, actual complaint.
Every month I get a notification that I have a message from Pete and I think someting important has happened. Except it's just the User Upgrade auto message :-(

All anyone wants to be is noticed and appreciated.
Yeah - mid 20s-30s used to regularly have adventures involving rolling round town from pub to pub, picking up flotsam and jetsam along the way.

Fun at the time, and one or two genuine good memorys - but I won’t get those a brain cells back again

And indeed, FURTHER. TO. THIS.

I noticed an ambulance outside the yard. The door was open, and there was matey boy on the stretcher. "Dude! Are you ok?!"
No, he said.
Evidently not, he's in the back of an ambulance. Go me.

Other housemate pops out so I ask, the fuck is going on here? "yeah I'll talk to you later".

He jumped in the ambulance with himself and they left.

Don't really know what else I could've done. I'm guessing it's alcohol poisoning, rather than a drunken fall or whatever.

But fuck, even my mental health professional friends are almost impressed by this level of disasterification.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but this sounds like actual hell

Like none of this is going anywhere good for anyone

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but this sounds like actual hell

Like none of this is going anywhere good for anyone

It was a bit rough. I think it's come to a head now. How we got there in first place I don't know.
It was affecting everyone else in strange, not entirely obvious, ways.

We'll do a bit better next time I think. None of us are perfect, but I'd like to think we look out for each other around here. This one though, it felt a little like he was taking liberties.

Anyway, he'll dry out and talk to some professionals and come back.

Finally got a replacement fridge yesterday and allowed 24+ hours for the gas to settle. Seems ok

We haven't had a fridge since June. Been eating crap like instant noodles and beans on toast for dinner.

It'll be all salads until Xmas. Provided this fridge isn't fucked.
Did you end up getting any relief from the Koreans?

Or is this an all-new fresh-start fridge?

Still nervous about buying that new TV from those lads now.

Had a lovely weekend, followed by an unexplained bad mood starting on Sunday evening that's still continuing. Also feeling wrecked for no reason. Did this kind of thing happen when I was young, or is this just middle age?
It certainly happens more now

Recognising it for what it is, and having a strategy that works for you, is a good way to work through it.

Did you end up getting any relief from the Koreans?

Or is this an all-new fresh-start fridge?

Still nervous about buying that new TV from those lads now.
Gave up on Harvey Norman/LG. Just as we thought we were getting somewhere they wanted to start the process all over again; our engineer's report wasn't good enough, we had to go through their approved engineer (who we were previously told didn't exist), etc.
We were so fed up that we just had to let it go.
This is a replacement Kenwood fridge from Curry's. The first one they sent was banjaxed from the get-go and it took hours on the phone over the course of a couple of weeks to get this far.

We were almost at this stage

Gave up on Harvey Norman/LG. Just as we thought we were getting somewhere they wanted to start the process all over again; our engineer's report wasn't good enough, we had to go through their approved engineer (who we were previously told didn't exist), etc.
This is a replacement Kenwood fridge from Curry's. The first one they sent was banjaxed from the get-go and it took hours on the phone over the course of a couple of weeks to get this far.

Sending good thoughts to you and the missus and all the cold cans that will sail in the USS Kenwood

I'll take a needy flatmate doing the odd bender over months of no fridge and telephone nonsense.

That said, the freezer is broken here.

got a replacement dummy fog light for my van. In order to fit it I would need to undo a rake of screws and take the whole back bumper off

I think I'll just ask my mechanic to sort it out

I'm considering putting it through the CVRT as it is, broken lens (see previous post about this) removed. As it's not a functioning light I can't see why they would fail me on that

But then again...

Srcope the side of the motor off of a pillar in a multi story car park earlier. Not major but noticable damage to one of the doors.

It was on the way out too which is more annoying. If I could get it in it should have come out easy enough.
thats what she said the office night GIF by Kane County Cougars

I'll take a needy flatmate doing the odd bender over months of no fridge and telephone nonsense.

That said, the freezer is broken here.
We can't shit in the downstairs jax because it will flush liquids but it sure as fuck won't flush solids. For months now.
Landlady said it must be stuff we're flushing down, I've maintained for years now that our system must be connected to next doors in some way (naturally) because every time they get something done in there (you'd see the drain people or plumber van outside) our one goes to shit (geddit).
About 4 months ago they had the plumbers in again over a period of days, and for one day in the middle of that our toilet suddenly started flushing perfectly fine. Then when the day after the plumbers finished there, bolloxed again, just like that. And the land lady says the systems aren't connected, joker.

Srcope the side of the motor off of a pillar in a multi story car park earlier. Not major but noticable damage to one of the doors.

It was on the way out too which is more annoying. If I could get it in it should have come out easy enough.
I was gonna sell my smokewagon this month to pay off some bills and shore myself up a bit. Then my sibling reversed into my parked car and made a mess of it cosmetically. I was in the passenger seat with them when they did it, in a wide open empty car park.

I didn't kill them with my bare hands so I'm the better person. I've a week of YouTube and painting ahead of me instead of a holiday.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back