Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

Also, I'm really fucking stressed.
tumblr_mvvk9w5gfr1qc4uvwo1_500.jpg

It's probably racist for me to say this, but the Gards should have had this sorted.
If there was a criminal gang operating in the town, they should have been all over it.
Useless bunch.
If there wasn't, then I'm probably part of the problem.

#notallRoma

Oh no wait, I think I'm doing easy internet right-onness wrong there.

I'm just shoehorning in my own prejudices about ineffective policing from my time in Dublin.
I have almost no knowledge of the situation in Waterford.

I know a wee bit about Waterford, my mum's family is from there, and like any city there's issues with crime/violence/anti-social behaviour, but I've never heard of mobs descending on gaffs of Irish people despite the cops' inability to deal with it.

I know a wee bit about Waterford, my mum's family is from there, and like any city there's issues with crime/violence/anti-social behaviour, but I've never heard of mobs descending on gaffs of Irish people despite the cops' inability to deal with it.

I know the town, but not its social issues.

My issue with the Gards is unwillingness. They can certainly be effective when they want to be.
Again, digressing.

On the situation itself, there were lots of seemingly rational people on Facebook that were just frustrated that a part of their town was a mugging zone and nothing was done about it.
They weren't being overtly racist in their comments, just frustrated by crime.
How informed they were about who was committing the crime and any other number of factors, are too hard to tell.
This is how hate gets a hand in though. When there is widespread anger about something and nothing's being done about it.
It sounds like something that could have been nipped in the bud.
Again though, I'm gleaning facts from 3,000 miles away.

I like opinionated people and I'm seriously stubborn myself, but I HATE it when people talk to you like you're shit because you don't agree with them D: Like, on the pettiest things, when you're having a difference of opinions on say, pop culture, and someone talks down to you like "yeah? you think that? come on, give me an example? don't have one? huh" and so on. Its just stupid, lazy, condescending shit

* I'm obviously in a bad mood today and I may have stormed out of our canteen.

That is a drunk and silly boy.

The 'drunk' part could be dropped and silly upgraded to stupid.

Anyway, my eternal complaint- someone sitting beside me, in this case a sweaty culchie fresh from the gym I'm assuming. Why the fuck do these oddballs always sit beside me, there's no end of seats going unused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back