Minor complaints thread (29 Viewers)

As fascinating as all of that is, for the purposes of my throwaway joke I've been writing my own annals and here at Lili's Alt-Rock History we only record objectively, based on sales. The Cranberries parent album sold 17 million copies worldwide and that's all that matters. None of those bands cut it I'm afraid. Hopefully you can take some solace from the fact that your feedback has been noted.
Thanks Brah, that's all I ask.

Because I think it's a tool of control and there's so many places that you get beaten for not wearing it.
I support anyone's right to wear it, if they're doing it of their own free will. But I feel for the women who are forced to.

I'd have thought that the ban is an ineffective way to deal with it.
You'd like to see someone fight for a woman's right not to wear it though.

The ban in parliament and schools seemed okay, no?

Because I think it's a tool of control and there's so many places that you get beaten for not wearing it.
I support anyone's right to wear it, if they're doing it of their own free will. But I feel for the women who are forced to.

I'd have thought that the ban is an ineffective way to deal with it.
You'd like to see someone fight for a woman's right not to wear it though.

I get where you're coming from, I'm just nervous of the idea that banning religious iconography is in any way a statement protecting equality. There's a vast difference between equality and sameness, the former promoting diversity and individual choice and the latter, a totalitarian concept of everyone adopting a uniform state, most commonly the state at which no one in the majority has to make any sacrifices and the minority is erased.
I do get you, and I know its not a simple issue, but banning something isn't supporting someone's right to wear it, its erasing it. What it represents in different cultures is kind of a separate issue in my book...

When the annals of 90's grunge and alt-rock are written that'll be the only Irish entry.

TO THE MAJOR COMPLAINTS THREAD!
Funnily enough that's where I saw it, on the side bar while listening to an obscure Smashing Pumpkins song, right beside Smells Like Teen Spirit, which only has a few million hits more.
I did contemplate the major complaints thread, but then got a hold my senses.

Last edited:
I've been drying my clothes in front of the fire lately and I've managed to burn my two favourite pairs of jeans.
Assless chaps it is :oops:

I'm trying to car insurance for something that according to almost every company, doesnt freaking exist.
7 down, 2 to go.

I may smash something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back