Minor complaints thread (27 Viewers)

Civil servants.

And there is your problem right there. Never use a simple term when you can eke out another couple of hours out of a job and give someone else a headache by over-complicating things.

I work with a few career Civil servants, luckily most of us are normal and keep them honest.

When I worked in Social Welfare if a claimant was found capable of work by a medical referee a form would issue to them stating that they were not incapable of work. Gah!

The medical referees were quacks who wouldn't get a job anywhere else.

Sitting in a cafe surrounded by respectively-a couple with each others tongues in their mouths,a 'lady' cursing like a docker and a lady breast-feeding.
Blackrock isn't what it used to be.

One and two, yuck! Breastfeeding on the other hand... well, I doubt you would be complaining if she was bottle or spoon feeding the infant, neither of which are as good for the baby. Shame on you.

There is nothing wrong with a woman breastfeeding in a public place unless of course she is also smoking.

I don't think he's saying there's anything wrong with the public breast-feeding...rather that it is a recent development

He listed three things, the third being a breastfeeding lady, in a thread for complaining...

Is this the Recent Developments in Blackrock Thread?

I'm going to complain about people who frequent cafe's and complain about women feeding hungry infants in the most natural way possible, Joe Duffy would have a field day!

One and two, yuck! Breastfeeding on the other hand... well, I doubt you would be complaining if she was bottle or spoon feeding the infant, neither of which are as good for the baby. Shame on you.

Genuine question, not to pick a fight ... is feeding a child breast milk from a bottle worse than feeding it direct from the source?

Why would you go to all that trouble when you have two perfectly good mammary glands attached to your chest?

You'd be able to bottle feed the child in blackrock without upsetting ted

the weather forecast for the weekend is shite and im going to a gig in a field. I don't have wellies and my shoes have holes.

Why would you go to all that trouble when you have two perfectly good mammary glands attached to your chest?

Aren't pumps very common? It might be more convenient to do it at a time that suits the mother and then store for later use. I've no issue with public breat feeding, my question was is there anything about the milk that degrades if it's outside the boob for a few hours before the kid has it.

Expose yourself?! She's not getting her tit out for you. Look the other way if it bothers you.

Aren't pumps very common? It might be more convenient to do it at a time that suits the mother and then store for later use. I've no issue with public breat feeding, my question was is there anything about the milk that degrades if it's outside the boob for a few hours before the kid has it.

Its like any other dairy product. It has an expiry date.

The pumping thing depends on the mother I guess. Handy to have a supply if she's traveling away from the kid. Or won't be around for a meal. Or just wants a full nights sleep.
Some dads want it so they can bond with the kid by being able to feed it the odd time.

Genuine question, not to pick a fight ... is feeding a child breast milk from a bottle worse than feeding it direct from the source?

I'm pretty certain there's an inherent natural bond between mother and child and using a bottle instead breaks that down.

People complaining about breastfeeding sickens me. Maybe I should head over to the major complaints thread.. :(

Pumping can interfere with supply, prevents the body naturally adjusting to the baby's needs/habits. Also using a mixture of bottle and breast can cause problems for baby (generally referred to as nipple confusion). And there is the hassle of getting bottles heated up. From the boob the baby gets what it needs, at the right temperature, with no need to sterilise bottles after.

:)

Its like any other dairy product. It has an expiry date.

The pumping thing depends on the mother I guess. Handy to have a supply if she's traveling away from the kid. Or won't be around for a meal. Or just wants a full nights sleep.
Some dads want it so they can bond with the kid by being able to feed it the odd time.

Yeah, as Santino said, it's got an expiry date, and is best fresh from source. It's the only source of nutrition for a young baby and the vitamin and mineral content reduces over time. Pumping is
also a lot of work, and very time consuming. But it can give Mum an evening off, or Dad a chance to bond more, and if there's a problem getting baby to latch it's better than feeding formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back