Minor complaints thread (11 Viewers)

a book rated 'Like New' has the note 'MAY HAVE PENMARK ON BOTTOM PAGE EDGE'

firstly, does it or doesn't it, and if it does then it's not fucking like new, is it?

actually it turns out the 'like new' rating allows for pen marks put on at the warehouse to show that a book is a remainder

fuck

now i have to buy the book from the person i sent a snotty little message to

I won't be there.

It's all upside, @jonah

When? And where?

Also new complaint is I dropped my entire bowl of porridge on the ground seconds after making it.

Secondary comment, I really can't get into porridge. I gag every time I take a bite. How do people eat this slop? I find it just about bearable with cinnamon, banana and berries but even then my fruit to porridge ratio is about 3:1

When? And where?

Also new complaint is I dropped my entire bowl of porridge on the ground seconds after making it.

Secondary comment, I really can't get into porridge. I gag every time I take a bite. How do people eat this slop? I find it just about bearable with cinnamon, banana and berries but even then my fruit to porridge ratio is about 3:1

I tried to get into it but couldn't and settled for (lidl equivalent) weetabix, not quite the same but similar nutritional value to porridge. I have it with warm milk, a teaspoon of honey, a banana and some blueberries every day

I tried to get into it but couldn't and settled for (lidl equivalent) weetabix, not quite the same but similar nutritional value to porridge. I have it with warm milk, a teaspoon of honey, a banana and some blueberries every day

Now weetabix I love! I don't even need any toppings, I eat mine like absolute wallpaper paste. Are they just as healthy? I'm cutting out bread in the mornings cause I get insane tummy pain. Porridge has me feeling fantastic but tastes like an ordeal.

When? And where?

I found honey most effective to overcome the blandness.
But if you can't get down with the texture, its a fool's errand.

It makes you feel warm and unusually for a carb, you feel full for ages.

I found honey most effective to overcome the blandness.
But if you can't get down with the texture, its a fool's errand.

It makes you feel warm and unusually for a carb, you feel full for ages.

This is it. It's the texture and lack of taste. Every time I put it in my mouth I feel like I'm eating vomit.

I have a memory of me as a kid being fed something gross like ready brek and vomming into the bin. Very kristeva.

Nah, I generally don't use milk and it's not that different.

I can't really eat Weetabix, Shredded Wheat or Shreddies due to eating too much of them as a kid so porridge is all I got at this point.

well until I turn to the all-sugar cereal variants.

It's jumbo oats! I think one of the issues is I don't take milk so I only use water.
Maybe a soy or non-animal based milk?
It might help you to identify it as creamy rather than pukey.

I wouldn't like anyone to give up on porridge without a fight. It's a wonder food.

We make our own granola in our house, it's like having dessert for breakfast and we pretend it's healthy.

Basically I a-b'ed the info on the boxes against each other and porridge is a bit healthier but weetabix is pretty good

Hey @jonah

Weetabix vs porridge

per 100g serving

136/148 Kcal
0.8g/2.1g fat
0.2/0.4 sat fat
1.7g/0.6g sugar
0.24g/0.01 salt

So better for fats, less good for sugar and salt (but most people add sweeteners to both and plenty add salt to porridge when making it)

Users who are viewing this thread

• ilovehoovering
  • pete
  • rettucs
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back