Minor complaints thread (12 Viewers)

Bus Eireann seem to have fixed the glitch on their site that was allowing me to buy day return tickets for €9.90 instead of a single ticket at €15.90. Fuck them anyway. €15.90 for a single, me hole. Not only that but I bought one of these tickets online yesterday, turned up for the bus at 22.15 last night with my ticket printed out and I was not allowed on - not because I hadn't paid the correct fare but because the bus was one of the N.I. buses and they wont accept tickets bought online for a service they are operating. There is no way (as far as I can see) to tell that you're buying a ticket you won't be allowed to use.

Bus Eireann seem to have fixed the glitch on their site that was allowing me to buy day return tickets for €9.90 instead of a single ticket at €15.90. Fuck them anyway. €15.90 for a single, me hole. Not only that but I bought one of these tickets online yesterday, turned up for the bus at 22.15 last night with my ticket printed out and I was not allowed on - not because I hadn't paid the correct fare but because the bus was one of the N.I. buses and they wont accept tickets bought online for a service they are operating. There is no way (as far as I can see) to tell that you're buying a ticket you won't be allowed to use.
Surely they cant do that ba******ds

wait, what??

wait, what??
  • Search the schedules on the Bus Eireann website.
  • Select a scheduled service that suits you
  • Pay for a ticket
  • Print ticket and present it or the confirmation email to the driver
  • Find yourself snapped at that you can either buy a new ticket from the driver or wait for the next bus. He can't accept them web tickets.
I've bought another one for today but I'm going to go out of my way to Busarses to swap it for a real ticket before I go to work. Naturally I use a different service to get to work but it doesn't run late enough for me to get home on it.

I was very fond of Bus Eireann up to this.

This grinds my gears, Dublin is full of display clocks & barely any of the bloody things actually work. You'd swear horologists had gone the way of the dodo.
That was one of the few that actually did. It's bad enough that the administrators are bending the vendors over the proverbial kitchen table but the shutters are barely down and already the bloody clock (the only part of the place that people will actually miss) has stopped working!

Bus Eireann are absolute wankers. Recently playing a gig in Limerick (car full of gear and I drew the shortest straw) I had to bus it down. Got my ticket the night before, have no printer at home or on the way to Bus Áras (I live pretty near). I try to get on the bus with ID and the confirmation on my phone. According to the website all I need is proof of purchase and proof of identification of which I have both. And the driver, who was a horrible cunt about the whole thing, starts shouting at me saying I can't get on without a printout which apparently, "is like money to him".

Go in and queue up at the desk. They neither have a printer in the station nor behind the counter and they inexplicably cannot confirm my purchase and give me a ticket. So I had to buy a second one, give them money twice, all while being treated like I'm being a massive pain in their holes. In future I'm taking the hit and getting the train.

The free market is better than centrally controlled services operated by the state?
I don't think I'm fully down with that.

Well I'm certainly no great advocate for the power of the invisible hand over that of the state in all circumstances but my experience of Bus Eireann v Independent Operators has been that the independents charge the same or (admittedly marginally) less, offer better on-board facilities* and have far better customer service.

*Pre-boarding most independents have no facilities beyond a pole that designates the stop but given the state of Bus Aras there's not a great difference to choose between in that regard.

Got a new phone and I'm not sure I like the whole thumb-print unlock malarkey
If it's iPhone, it works great. Make sure you set it up correctly or you'll get frustrated. Also, label the fingerprints in the settings.app if you need to go back and re-do any. I'm looking forward to the 3D touch malarkey on the 6S, less tapping about the place.

If it's iPhone, it works great. Make sure you set it up correctly or you'll get frustrated. Also, label the fingerprints in the settings.app if you need to go back and re-do any. I'm looking forward to the 3D touch malarkey on the 6S, less tapping about the place.

Samsung galaxy, I figured out that the problem was that when I set up the thumbprint thing I went at it with the thumb being perfectly vertical, which is never how I'm actually going to hold my thumb to the reader when I'm using the phone. So I deleted that print and did a new one. Working grand now.

Users who are viewing this thread

• dudley
  • M
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back