Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

don't we all

I don't know. I just had half of one of these.... and now feel unwell. I never learn.

Edit: It's probably classified as a bar in fairness

Brodericks-Chocolate-Marshmallow-Biscuits-Cake-500px.jpg

I had the same. They wouldn't even try to deliver it, just leave the note in the box telling me to go and collect it.
Get to know your neighbours. Mine are tortured accepting packages for me. Bless them.

I had the same. They wouldn't even try to deliver it, just leave the note in the box telling me to go and collect it.

Hate that. As an apartment dweller, there's no chance of anything bigger than say a DVD-sized case getting in yer postbox. An Post should roll out some self-service pickup post boxes (a la Parcel Motel). Actually, come to think of it, aren't An Post? Sick of calling on neighbours to pick up your Amazon purchases? An Post may have a solution

Get to know your neighbours. Mine are tortured accepting packages for me. Bless them.
My neighbours are real pricks about this. Had to put a sign on my door from the post office saying not to leave packages with my neighbours, but it only works with Royal Mail so other courier services still do it and my neighbours are bitching at me. I can’t get personal deliveries in work. Facilities won’t accept them and they start opening you packages if they suspect it’s not work related.

Fucking hell. Mine get dropped off to my office.

I've got an Old Navy shipment here for the nephew ready to go.
You work in a large office? I work in a smallish one and the facilities guys service the whole building so they’re real sticklers on this. I was getting all sorts of stuff delivered to work – books, clothes, medicine, gifts etc. and they called me up on it and started opening my packages.

Now I get everything sent to the Royal Mail collection office which thankfully is on the way to work or else just ask the courier services to leave it on my front step. Not ideal but nothing’s gone missing yet – my front door thankfully isn’t near the main road.

But honestly, I try to buy very little online

Reading how people are treated in those Amazon warehouses and the conditions and everything. I have pretty much boycotted Amazon.
Ordered stuff this week off the Gap because my nephew wanted specific items, but I'd almost always try and find stuff in a physical store. Whether that be books, clothes or anything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

• pete
  • Cornu Ammonis
Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back