Minor complaints thread (9 Viewers)

gonna get me one of these babys
media_file_50066.jpg

Is there not a general argument to be made against political fundraisers in the workplace?

It doesn't seem like that good an idea, although in this case I'm obviously all in favour of the cause/event. Bit of a hornets nest.

Haven't you said you work with some of the only republicans in Massachusetts?

My company has come out, so to speak, publicly as supporting gay marriage. Having thought about it I'm glad they're not pretending they don't wield loads of power in the political arena, which is how I see companies who think politics shouldn't be officially allowed in the office. It does help that they're on the side of 'good' though.

It doesn't seem like that good an idea, although in this case I'm obviously all in favour of the cause/event. Bit of a hornets nest.

Haven't you said you work with some of the only republicans in Massachusetts?
Massive Chew Sets ya say?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My company has come out, so to speak, publicly as supporting gay marriage. Having thought about it I'm glad they're not pretending they don't wield loads of power in the political arena, which is how I see companies who think politics shouldn't be officially allowed in the office. It does help that they're on the side of 'good' though.

Is there a difference between a multi-national taking a stance on an issue rather than some small indigenous one? Not sure how I feel on that one. I know twitter has got a lot of attention based on calling for a yes but I don't see them as just piping up on the issue now. I know someone who works there and based on his instagram and shit they seem to do a bit for their LGBT employees when it comes to sponsoring banners and stuff for the pride parade.

Having said that, marriage equality isn't a political issue in my mind, it's a human rights one. I'd probably object stronger if a tech firm were trying to throw it's weight around on fiscal policy and the like.

Is there not a general argument to be made against political fundraisers in the workplace?
If it's after hours, I suppose he can go swing, but I'd rather not hear about any of that shit in work. From any side of any debate.

Most (maybe all) charity fundraising is at least partly political yet few ever bat an eyelid at these types of events.

Aww BOLLIX!

Confirmed a show there and two mins later turns out me sticks man can't make the fucking scene

So now I'm fucking drinking for Ireland
I refuse to be unhappy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back